Old weight loss journeys

Options
I have been using MyFitnessPal since 2012 and have had several journeys since I first started. I start, stop, start, stop, etc. Every time I start, I put in my most recent weight. Because of this, my app seems a little confused and isn't calculating the correct weight loss since my newest journey. I've lost 10 pounds since January, but since my weight was different at the very beginning, it thinks I've only lost 3. How do I delete any old weight entries so that it can concentrate on my newest journey?

Replies

• MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    Make a new ID to start fresh? Takes only a minute. Just jot down your macros if you want to.
    This will allow you to start completely "fresh" !
  • jackibailey
    jackibailey Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    On the iPhone in where you chart your progress you can delete whatever days weights you want. Just slide your finger to make delete button pop up and press it.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Three options:

1 - Enter your most current starting weight with a date one day prior to your oldest weight.
    2 - Delete all old weights and enter current start weight (this is what I did when I got serious about losing we win 2014.)
    3 - Create a new account.
  • jra6651
    jra6651 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    On the iPhone in where you chart your progress you can delete whatever days weights you want. Just slide your finger to make delete button pop up and press it.

Thank you! I feel so dumb now not knowing this before. :smiley:

• fvtfan
    fvtfan Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I just added my starting weight "this time" with a date earlier than my original starting weight from 3 years ago
  • SarahIluvatariel
    SarahIluvatariel Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Wait!!! Don't delete old weights!

Just add a "previous entry" from before your first-ever entry. I originally started in march 2013 at 265. I'm starting over, now, at 222. So I added a 222 weight entry for January of 2013 - that way I can still see the old graphs.
  • wenrob
    wenrob Posts: 125 Member
    Options

Just add a "previous entry" from before your first-ever entry. I originally started in march 2013 at 265. I'm starting over, now, at 222. So I added a 222 weight entry for January of 2013 - that way I can still see the old graphs.
    Can you tell me where to find "previous entry?" All I can find is today's weight.
  • jra6651
    jra6651 Posts: 16 Member
    Options

There's so much time in between my weight loss journeys that I don't really care to know what I've lost previously. It has nothing to do with me now. I'd prefer to only keep up with this journey.

• Squirrel698
    Squirrel698 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    It's a lifetime journey! Right now it says that I've gained 9 lbs (I believe) even though I've lost 19 lbs this time around. I can't wait to get back to the weight I was at last time I tired to lose weight.

It's just funny to me and another reminder to keep at it.
  • chandanista
    chandanista Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    If you just want to reset the current weight loss ticker it's pretty easy from desktop. Sign into My Fitness Pal, click on Apps, then Tickers. Click on Update your Weight Data. Enter a new starting weight and save changes.
  • mamagirl49
    mamagirl49 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Thanks for asking this question! Am able to clean out a lot of garbage that doesn't matter to where I'm headed.
  • 1Nana2many
    1Nana2many Posts: 172 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Go to "check in" and just above the save at the bottom is "edit previous entries", click on that and it will list all your previous weight entries if weight is chosen at the top. you can delete by hitting the red - on the right of each. To get it to calculate correctly, the earliest one must be the weight you want to subtract from to get your current losses. I had signed up for MFP three weeks before I actually committed to logging and I had just put in a random weight that wasn't actually my starting weight so I could see how it worked. I simply changed that first weight number and then it started calculating correctly. Hope this helps.
  • 40andFindingFitness
    Options
    I'd leave it and check in my weight for today. It happened, it's in the past but you can still learn from your old habits and data.
  • wenrob
    wenrob Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    1Nana2many wrote: »
    Go to "check in" and just above the save at the bottom is "edit previous entries", click on that and it will list all your previous weight entries if weight is chosen at the top. you can delete by hitting the red - on the right of each. To get it to calculate correctly, the earliest one must be the weight you want to subtract from to get your current losses. I had signed up for MFP three weeks before I actually committed to logging and I had just put in a random weight that wasn't actually my starting weight so I could see how it worked. I simply changed that first weight number and then it started calculating correctly. Hope this helps.
    Thank you!
  • SarahIluvatariel
    SarahIluvatariel Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    @wenrob Yeah, you have to be logged into the desktop version.

From the "MY HOME" tab, click on the sub-tab of "Check-In", and then scroll way down to find the "Edit Previous Entries" link (which is located right above the "Save Changes" button). Click that link. At the top of the page, you can see your original "Starting Weight" and the date. You can easily change the starting weight, but then you'd lose the data you previously had for that day. Instead, scroll down to the "Add New Entry" section. Select a date prior to your original "Starting Weight" date, and then put in your new starting weight and click the "Add New Entry" button.