200lbs to lose!

Options
Hello, I'm Sarah. I'm currently weighing in at the most I've ever been - and ever want to again - at 350lbs. Years of emotional and binge eating, along with a gestational diabetic pregnancy, has gotten me to the point of horrible health problems and wondering if I'll even make it to see my daughter go off to college, etc. (She'll be 3 on 02/15/2016) I'm hoping by actually admitting my weight out loud and reaching out to all of you that we can motivate each other and finally follow through on putting our health and bodies first! :)

Replies

• janajohn45
    janajohn45 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Sarah, I am Jan. I feel as you do....I am ready to focus on my weight loss program in the hopes of creating a healthier me. We can do this! :)

• Jussilu
    Jussilu Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hi Sarah, I'm Lucy ..........Not only is it important for you to be there for your daughter; its also important to set a good example for her. I used to think of the large amounts of weight I needed to lose, but I've changed to smaller attainable amounts. Keep on pushing forward .... I read the success stories all the time. We will make this happen!!
  • KittyInBoots
    KittyInBoots Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Your honesty is the first step! Joining this is the second one! Let's motivate each other!
  • farfromthetree
    farfromthetree Posts: 982 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    hi Sarah!
    I have a friend on here who has lost over 400 lbs. No surgery. Just by eating at a calorie deficit. I will leave you a couple links to read. Please take the time to read them all closely. It is all the best advice on MFP in one spot

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1296011/calorie-counting-101/p1

I wish you much success. Reading these links will help get you on the right path
  • sarahrachelnajman
    Options
    Thank you, everyone! I love all the positivity and motivation! I've decided this week to start by cutting out all soda and carbonated drinks, as well as "snacks," junk food. So far so good - lol, it's only Tuesday - but saying NO when they're offered and choosing other snacks, like raw veggies, almonds, and fruits has been so refreshing and makes me feel so good to say NO to something I would've devoured.
  • sarahrachelnajman
    Options
    hi Sarah!
    I have a friend on here who has lost over 400 lbs. No surgery. Just by eating at a calorie deficit. I will leave you a couple links to read. Please take the time to read them all closely. It is all the best advice on MFP in one spot

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1296011/calorie-counting-101/p1

I wish you much success. Reading these links will help get you on the right path

Thank you, I'm going to check the sites out now :)
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Hi Sarah. Good Luck with your weight loss. If you want this to happen, you can do it! The only recommendation I have is that you don't over think it. Just eat at the calorie goal that MFP set for you and the weight will come off. A lot of people think there is a some "trick" to weight loss, and we make it harder than it has to be with "strategies" and cutting out whole food groups.

Those are some good links that @farfromthetree posted.
  • medic1027
    medic1027 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Sarah...you will do great!! Just stick with a plan...and if you slip, come here to get you back on track. Best of luck!!
  • gothicravenangel29
    Options
    Hi Sarah. I'm Angel. I'm having to lose 150 pounds myself and would like to be friends. This app great for support.
  • sarahrachelnajman
    Options
    Hi Sarah. Good Luck with your weight loss. If you want this to happen, you can do it! The only recommendation I have is that you don't over think it. Just eat at the calorie goal that MFP set for you and the weight will come off. A lot of people think there is a some "trick" to weight loss, and we make it harder than it has to be with "strategies" and cutting out whole food groups.

Those are some good links that @farfromthetree posted.

I agree, and thank you. I've been bombarded by these shake companies - Herbalife, Isagenix - and while they may work for a period of time - then what? My aunt is using Isagenix now and having good results, but I'd rather be eating real food and get the same results then pump my body with liquid nutrients. What is everyone's opinion on protein/herbal shakes as a meal substitute?
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I like chewing. Liquidy stuff doesn't make me feel full. It could be like 1000 calories, but if I drank it I want to know when my meal is coming.
  • Scrappydo67
    Scrappydo67 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi Sarah, I think you're in the right place! I find this site just awesome (just joined last week). I agree with the poster above who said don't overthink it, just stay within the calorie goal set for you and the pounds WILL come off! Good for you and best of luck :)
  • lawsonsaysread
    lawsonsaysread Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Sarah,

Please know it can be done. You are not fighting a hopeless battle. In May of 2014 I weighed 408 lbs. Yesterday I weighed 198 lbs. The process is not complicated (which is not to say it is not difficult). Eat at a calorie deficit and find time to exercise. It really is that simple. HOnestly, for me losing the weight was easier than maintaining, although I am starting to get my head wrapped around that too.

Jeffrey
  • renaedar
    renaedar Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I also have to lose close to 2 hundred pounds, but I just don't get that far ahead of thinking of all those pounds. I set small goals and just make sure I type everything you eat. I have had such a struggle on typing exactly what I am eating. It may look good on paper but you're only cheating yourself. I am such a people pleaser so I have to get over that and realize this is for myself and no one else. You can add me as a friend and we can support each other doing our life change!
  • jensonbuttongirl
    Options
    Hi. I've added you, also have a lot to loose :)
  • mousie1973
    mousie1973 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I have lost 46 so far, I have about 90 to go... feel free to add me!!
  • SyllyReth
    SyllyReth Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hey! I am 11.5 pounds into a 190 pounds loss. I've sent a friend request because I think we can help motivate each other. Welcome to mfp and this journey.
  • sarahrachelnajman
    Options
    Thank you :) I've been doing a pretty good job of keeping track of my food intake, somewhat even exaggerating portion size just to be careful. I did splurge a little today with a cream based soup for lunch, but I will eat very light tonight. I think meal prep is going to be my savior. Have you guys been meal prepping for the week? I think that might be one of the most important factors because it's so easy to get lazy and just grab whatever is around to snack on in place of eating a balanced meal. ALSO, you can't eat it if you don't have it around, so saying NO to yourself when grocery shopping or even running into the gas station/etc can feel so restricting but also liberating at the same time. Any suggestions on afternoon lag? I honestly feel great just from cutting out soda and junk and it's only been three days but I lack energy.
  • treehopper1987
    treehopper1987 Posts: 505 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I began this losing weight journey again after having my son, soon to be 2 and my miscarriage in July (baby should have been born in a few days from now :'( ) I was severely depressed and blamed my weight for losing my baby. So, here I am putting it out there. I've lost 20 lbs in the last 3 months, and still have quite a bit to go. Please feel free to add me if you'd like.
  • Espanblackgrl
    Espanblackgrl Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Keep it up...take it a day at a time...giving yourself goals...