Anyone have a great Cauliflower pizza crust recipe?

JMLSZ
JMLSZ Posts: 65 Member
I made one for the first time a couple days ago, and it was okay. but maybe I overcooked it. Anyway, I'm looking for recommendations, thanks!

Replies

• Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    I like this one because it has far less cheese than most of the recipes out there. http://www.slenderkitchen.com/recipe/cauliflower-crust-pizza/javascript;;
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    I think they're all vile, I have not yet made one that was acceptable to me. I really like this crust from a website called Your Lighter Side though, a LOT.
  • JMLSZ
    I like this one because it has far less cheese than most of the recipes out there. http://www.slenderkitchen.com/recipe/cauliflower-crust-pizza/javascript;;

Ooh, thanks, that does look good, and I like that it has less cheese in it (maybe that way I can even put a little cheese on as a topping). I'll try this!
  • JMLSZ
    Phrick wrote: »
    I think they're all vile, I have not yet made one that was acceptable to me. I really like this crust from a website called Your Lighter Side though, a LOT.

Wow, that looks like a great recipe! I will have to try it if I can find the right cheese - in my country I am not sure about getting low-moisture mozzarella. What do you think, is there any other cheese I could substitute for that?
  • phildog49
    phildog49 Posts: 31 Member
    My gripe isn't the flavor, but they never hold together. I'm working on a ground chicken-cauliflower combination that I'm hoping turns out great.
  • Of_Monsters_and_Meat
    Of_Monsters_and_Meat Posts: 1,022 Member
    crazyravr wrote: »
    If you are searching to save calories then stop now. These subs usually have more and take way more work than needed. If trying to avoid gluten then just get gluten free dough. You either want a pizza or you dont lol :)

Well said. You can just have cauliflower, tomato and cheese. If you want pizza, just have a real pizza.
  • JMLSZ
    If you are searching to save calories then stop now. These subs usually have more and take way more work than needed. If trying to avoid gluten then just get gluten free dough. You either want a pizza or you dont lol :)

I actually wasn't asking for advice about what I eat, I was asking for a specific kind of recipe. I need to avoid all refined flour as much as possible because of insulin resistance, so "real pizza" is not a good option for me.
  • JMLSZ

Well said. You can just have cauliflower, tomato and cheese. If you want pizza, just have a real pizza.

Again, I wasn't asking for advice about whether or not to eat flour-crust pizza.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    I make them about every other week. Nothing special. Head of Cauliflower, steamed and processed real fine. When it cools, I squeeze out all the excess water. To this I add, Oregano, Red Pepper Flakes, 2 eggs and parmesan cheese. Then I put in the fridge for about an hour. Then, with a fork, I press it onto a baking sheet that is already oiled. It's thin....like a cracker. Bake at about 400 degrees until it is cooked through. I let it cool before I add my toppings and bake again.

I don't use mine as a pizza dough though. I usually top with caramelized red onions and mushrooms that I have cooked tender. My wife loves it.
  • JMLSZ
    TheRoadDog wrote: »
    I make them about every other week. Nothing special. Head of Cauliflower, steamed and processed real fine. When it cools, I squeeze out all the excess water. To this I add, Oregano, Red Pepper Flakes, 2 eggs and parmesan cheese. Then I put in the fridge for about an hour. Then, with a fork, I press it onto a baking sheet that is already oiled. It's thin....like a cracker. Bake at about 400 degrees until it is cooked through. I let it cool before I add my toppings and bake again.

I don't use mine as a pizza dough though. I usually top with caramelized red onions and mushrooms that I have cooked tender. My wife loves it.

That sounds great! How much parmesan cheese do you use? Another good one to try, thanks!
  • Dimsomes
    Dimsomes Posts: 5 Member
    theironyou.com/p/recipes.html

He makes tons of cauliflower crusts for things and they are all tasty. Enjoy!
  • lynder64
    lynder64 Posts: 285 Member
    I've made the Cauliflower Crusted Pizza a few times now and share the recipe when I can... from The Lucky Penny Blog and omg it is SO good!!! I heat my stoneware prior to which helps to crisp the crust... this pizza holds together beautifully... you can eat it with a fork and or just hands :-)
  • Mrsmiller0422
    Mrsmiller0422 Posts: 16 Member
    You tube Chef Buck. He has a great recipe. Plus he's funny
  • JMLSZ
    Dimsomes wrote: »
    theironyou.com/p/recipes.html

He makes tons of cauliflower crusts for things and they are all tasty. Enjoy!

Oooh, wow, I see a lot of great looking recipes there. Thanks!
  • JMLSZ
    lynder64 wrote: »
    I've made the Cauliflower Crusted Pizza a few times now and share the recipe when I can... from The Lucky Penny Blog and omg it is SO good!!! I heat my stoneware prior to which helps to crisp the crust... this pizza holds together beautifully... you can eat it with a fork and or just hands :-)

MMM, lots of yum on that page. Thanks so much!
  • JMLSZ
    1mcwill wrote: »
    You tube Chef Buck. He has a great recipe. Plus he's funny

Looks like a good recipe, thank you!
  • JMLSZ

I made this tonight! It was SO GOOD, I ate 7/8 of it (a whopping 185 cal) topped with fresh tomatoes and a little more mozzarella. Yum! Thanks for sharing it!
  • megbugs
    megbugs Posts: 107 Member
    http://damndelicious.net/2015/04/20/mini-cauliflower-pizzas/?m

I like this one! I think the bite size pieces make it soooo much easier and more fun to eat :)
  • JMLSZ
    megbugs wrote: »
    http://damndelicious.net/2015/04/20/mini-cauliflower-pizzas/?m

I like this one! I think the bite size pieces make it soooo much easier and more fun to eat :)

Thanks! I'd never thought of making mini ones, that's a fun idea!
  • stmokomoko
    stmokomoko Posts: 98 Member
    I love this cauliflower crust. Although I don't use it as such (I like it plain, as is :D ).

Have you found a more efficient way of squeezing out all the liquid? That part is so troublesome that I end up not having this as much as I like.