Random Ravenous Day

Options
This happens to me every once in a while, and I want to know if I'm the only one. Most days I'm fine and I'm somewhere between 1200-1400 calories.

Then all of the sudden I will have a day where I'm ravenous. It's not even for sweets. I'd eat cucumber slices all day, I'm just starving.

Anyone else have this happen? How do you deal with it?

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Hungry day! Yep it happens. Just eat a day at maintenance. No harm done
  • catherinekalberg
    catherinekalberg Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Ugh. Yes. Super Bowl sunday. I was soooooo hungry. I ate nutritious snacks and meals but it didn't curb the hunger. I did great all day then I sat down at the end of the day and involuntarily ate 2 slices of pizza and a slice of carrot cake with cream cheese icing. Okay a bit voluntarily. 1000 extra bad calories. After cutting all trans fats and added sugars. Talk about feeling terrible after eating that oh my gooood. My body is still recovering. Clinging to that added sugar with extra water. So. Much. Regret.
  • hope516
    hope516 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    yes it happens to me once a month, and it actually last a few days. But i know its going to happen and plan for it.
  • ElizabethOakes2
    ElizabethOakes2 Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Hormonal related for me. I'm pretty pleased to say that this time I was REALLY good. I made popcorn and nibbled at it all day instead of stuffing it all in my mouth at once. But yeah, once in a while, it's EAT ALL THE THINGS! I just work harder around it.
  • ShrinkingScientist
    Options
    Yeah, I can't find a causative factor. It always seems to happen just randomly, very frustrating.
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I can't find a causative factor. It always seems to happen just randomly, very frustrating.

The human body is a frustrating thing filled with amorphous changes on a daily basis. It could be something that you can't calculate such as a microvitamin being low, or perhaps that chicken you had at lunch didn't actually have as much fat on it as normal, hormones shifted due to sleep or stress.

Health has a pretty interesting article on it - http://www.health.com/health/gallery/0,,20920951,00.html
  • hope516
    hope516 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Just to clarify, once a month, is based on my TOM...it is legitimate because you burn more calories during this process which is why you get hungrier. However kind of knowing this helps to rationalize it in your head. at least for me.
  • Ruatine
    Ruatine Posts: 3,424 Member
    Options
    Yep, I'm there right now. It's also TOM-related for me, and knowing that actually makes it much easier for me to deal with it. I'll eat slightly more rather than trying to "tough it out," but it's a conscious decision to eat more rather than "let me eat all the thingz!!!". A day here or there eating at maintenance isn't going to stop my progress just slow it a bit, and I'm okay with that since it's more sustainable for me.