UK Pothead trying change habits...Day 1

Options
Hello all

I have smoked weed every day since I was 17 (now 42) and I love it, I want to change to edibles, so I can stop smoking, so I am trying to get myself in the right place mentally and physically in preperation for whats to come.

In stopping smoking alone most people gain weight, but for me to stop smoking and also change to edibles means I have a high risk of gaining weight etc.

I want to get a hang of my eating and excersie etc before I commit to the champex treatment (used it with success in the past for smoking, but I ended up back again due to weed, changing to edibles is my way to stop this)

also I am a fat *kitten* that could do with losing some weight as well as getting healthy. lol

I have used MFP in the past, many years ago, and I know this post will probably bring out the haters and the doogooders etc, but for me this is the major reason I struggle to lose weight and to stop smoking etc, so by being honest then I am hoping I can then have no worried about sharing my issues with anyone else that is or has been in similar boat, as I know I am not the only pothead in the world.......lol ;)¬~~~

Anyone out there want to tell me to stop the weed, dont bother, I know what I am doing with it, and I have lived my life fantastically well with it and I have no intention of stopping weed at all, so if you disagree and want to abuse me and tell me how wrong I am then jog on, not interested..

I do like to have a laugh and a joke in my life, so I will bring that over to this, as in the past I know its friends on here that really helps keep us on track and focused.

On that note please feel free to add me, anyone not just potheads obviously....lol

Cheers all

Replies

• Spliff_doctor73
    Spliff_doctor73 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    obviously all too healthy then. lol thought there might be 1 or 2 otters out there, lol
  • iecreamheadaches
    iecreamheadaches Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Can i just ask how its making you gain weight first? I smoke pot literally every day, multiple times a day and I still manage to lose weight. Simply by tracking my calories and getting off my fat lazy stoned *kitten* instead of vegging out and eating everything in the house when the munchies hit. Granted this takes motivation (been at this before, lost almost 40 lbs back in 2013, only to gain it all back when i quit cigarettes and started being lazy again) as if you stop eating right and tracking calories and you stop moving it'll be a huge move backwards.

Transfer to edibles sounds fun, I like smoking though personally. Sending ya a request since it seems no one else here wanted to comment ha. Anyway, enjoy your day. If you need help or just wanna chat or whatever feel free to shoot me a message! I like trying to help motivate others to get on the right path
  • Spliff_doctor73
    Options
    I never said its making me gain weight smoking it, but when I stop smoking (tabacco) and also change to edibles (so I stop smoking baccy) then I will be eating 4 cookies a day ish, which is probably 600 to 800 calories more than what I am eating now, with the stopping smoking on top (everyone says you put weight on when you stop smoking) I am trying to change my habits etc before I stop / change so I can limit any damage....

I am now a fat unhealthy fella due to years of not exercising and eating / drinking *kitten* loads.....lol, and smoking weed has not helped motivate me to be an athlete..lol
  • aimzuk
    aimzuk Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Maybe a suggestion on the cookies... Myprotein have protein cookies if you still have the urg for something sweet. Or jaffa cakes / chocolate rice cakes. So long as you don't exceed your calorie allowance these are good substitutes.

Good luck with your journey
  • Spliff_doctor73
    Options
    aimzuk wrote: »
    Maybe a suggestion on the cookies... Myprotein have protein cookies if you still have the urg for something sweet. Or jaffa cakes / chocolate rice cakes. So long as you don't exceed your calorie allowance these are good substitutes.

lol thank you, its not the wanting something sweet, the cookies are homemade for a reason.... ;)~~

I will be eating them ontop of what I eat now, so I am trying to compensate now rather than when I do stop smoking.
  • iecreamheadaches
    iecreamheadaches Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    aimzuk wrote: »

lol thank you, its not the wanting something sweet, the cookies are homemade for a reason.... ;)~~

I will be eating them ontop of what I eat now, so I am trying to compensate now rather than when I do stop smoking.

lol right though. I wonder if you could find a healthier way to make them into edibles or like, make a healthier version of the cookie? are you going to be making your own edibles or buying them?
  • Rage_Phish
    Rage_Phish Posts: 1,507 Member
    Options
    use tinctures or oil capsules or much stronger edibles

there is no reason to have to eat 800 cals of cookies if you dont want to

maybe it different for you (i live in California), but we can get THC in a million forms

my favorite most recently have been chocolate covered blueberies that contain 5mg a piece.
  • Spliff_doctor73
    Options
    Ye in uk we get good weed but that's it, I've made cannabutter then cookies, there ace, so I can add the butter to cooking instead, but I'm in learning stage there, at mo I know 2 cookies does the job. ..lol

A friend tried to make vape oil, but was a disaster, so butter so far is my way forward. .......

I also have a high end vaporizer, that's good, also works for the immediate hit, so soon I'm getting ready to stop smoking cigarettes too, as long as I can get stoned without a joint (my opinion will always be the beSt way ) then ill be able to stick at stopping smoking, done it for 9 months in past, but then I made yogurts using hash, we can't get hash here not, weed is king. ..
  • tryasimighty
    tryasimighty Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Have you thought about just getting a vapouriser? They are expensive but zero calories- my friend gave up tobacco and this is his favourite ever purchase! Failing that I suppose coconut oil would be a good substitute for butter (you can add it to coffee, for example) but you would have to count it as part of your overall calories .... good luck!
  • Spliff_doctor73
    Options
    Tryasimighty, I do have one. ...This bad boy
  • Spliff_doctor73
    Options
    Anyone here had any success with making oil's / tinctures, especially vape pen type stuff.