Women, what should a man eat (or not) on the first date?

Options

Replies

• Rage_Phish
    Rage_Phish Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    is this your first date ever?

who cares what you order
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    Something bigger and grosser than my bbq bacon cheeseburger, please.
  • SolotoCEO
    SolotoCEO Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I agree with the above. Order what you want and be yourself. If you put on a front she can't get to know the real you. Enjoy your date!
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    My husband ate pizza with a fork on our first date. I had never seen such a thing and yet here we are, 25+ years later, married. So I vote for a burger eaten with a fork or a salad eaten with your hands.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    rjmudlax13 wrote: »
    (Caveat: I would stay away from garlic just in case there is some hanky panky later. Just helps things go more smoothly.)

4 years together and I still won't eat a gyro within a few days of seeing my boyfriend. I love it piled high with raw onions. :D

• Docbanana2002
    Docbanana2002 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I recommend that you stick to things that people in general regard as edible. Chewing the napkin or tablecloth might be considered unusual for a first date. If you think you might be kissing on this date, minimize your onion intake, too.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options
    Ohwhynot wrote: »
    There's a joke about oral sex in here somewhere I just know it.....

Came here for this...

Ditto
  • sheermomentum
    sheermomentum Posts: 827 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    On our first date (7 years ago), my boyfriend got linguine and clams in garlic sauce. I think I got a bar pie. The sky did not fall. Go figure.
  • sallygroundhog
    sallygroundhog Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Ninkyou wrote: »
    Doesn't matter so long as you don't wipe your hands on your shirt/pants.

Also, do not wipe your hands on her shirt or pants.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    hasnt this question been asked before?

eat whatever the h*** you want......
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options

ETA: BEFORE YOU GET TOO FAR, PLEASE NOTE THIS POST IS JOKING ABOUT ANOTHER POST, IT'S NOT SERIOUS, THE OTHER ONE WAS...

thank god for small favors .... lol
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    Eat what will make you happy, and if possible, along similar lines to what she's eating. If she orders the chimichanga platter and you get a salad, it could get bad.

She might call you a pendejo, and launch into a tirade about how only a Nancy-boy ponce would order a weakling salad when what she needs is a MAN to get her flautas fired up!

Likewise, don't order the slab of St. Louis ribs if she's keen on "lighter fare" like tofu.

However, if she orders the lobster, you need to get away from that gold-digger, because she's just after your $paper$, son! She orders the lobster, you excuse yourself and ask the hostess up front if it's okay for you to drive your own car, and then make your escape!

Finally, don't drink too much alcohol. It's not attractive and could deactivate your noodle for the evening.

Women don't so much have flautas. :)
  • bellabonbons
    bellabonbons Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Whatever you want. Why do you care? Sounds like a bit of a low esteem issue. Don't worry. Eat what you want.
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Menix8 wrote: »
    I was so close to creating this thread myself.

But as a man you should really just ask, "What would Ron Swanson order?"

Yes...and remember that the best food is only served at bowling alleys. lol

• AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options

ETA: BEFORE YOU GET TOO FAR, PLEASE NOTE THIS POST IS JOKING ABOUT ANOTHER POST, IT'S NOT SERIOUS, THE OTHER ONE WAS...

They both belong in Chit Chat along with the "Bang/Marry/Pass", "What would you do to the member above you" and other equally silly threads, IMO.
  • levitateme
    levitateme Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Menix8 wrote: »
    I was so close to creating this thread myself.

But as a man you should really just ask, "What would Ron Swanson order?"

Yes. "I know you probably heard 'bring me a lot of bacon,' but what I said was "bring me all the bacon you have."
  • levitateme
    levitateme Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Also, I know this is a joke thread, but do people really worry about what a first date thinks of their choices? If you think you might order the "wrong thing" and offend this person who is basically a stranger, maybe they aren't someone you want to go out of your way to impress in the first place.
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna ignore that this is a joke thread because I'm super smart and want to pass on my excellent advice.

Order whatever you want with two exceptions:
    1) nothing that will make your breath stink. Ain't no chick wants to hang with a dude who's facial exhaust fumes smell like a dumpster behind the sushi joint.
    2) don't eat so much that you freak her out and make her think you're a disgusting man-pig. She might think "holy cow, if we got married then hit hard times and ran out of food would he eat our children?"

Steak is a nice manly yet respectable option.

*Sources: my wife is super hot so I'm obviously good at this so just trust me.
  • Squirrel698
    Squirrel698 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    I'm gonna ignore that this is a joke thread because I'm super smart and want to pass on my excellent advice.

Order whatever you want with two exceptions:
    1) nothing that will make your breath stink. Ain't no chick wants to hang with a dude who's facial exhaust fumes smell like a dumpster behind the sushi joint.
    2) don't eat so much that you freak her out and make her think you're a disgusting man-pig. She might think "holy cow, if we got married then hit hard times and ran out of food would he eat our children?"

Steak is a nice manly yet respectable option.

*Sources: my wife is super hot so I'm obviously good at this so just trust me.

OP here, thanks for the sound advice. Sadly I don't have a date, but I'd like one. (Ladies?)

This is a joke post but also I was just sorry someone felt the question needed to be asked at all. So I thought if I showed it from the other side someone might learn something. Your date is out with you because they are interested in getting to know you. There's never a good reason to pretend to be someone you are not.

In fact, just don't be a dick is excellent advice in most dating situations.

I do have a story behind that. Once a buddy of mine went out to eat with his girlfriend's parents on her father's dime. Well, he proceeded to order the most expensive steak on the menu, it was at Outback I believe. He took her father literally when he said, 'order what you want.' Their relationship fizzled after that, sad to say. So basically, yeah, common sense. Be yourself and also be polite.
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    He shouldn't eat, he should just watch me eat.