Women, what should a man eat (or not) on the first date?

Options

Replies

• peachyfuzzle
    peachyfuzzle Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Soup. Do not eat soup on a first date.

In fact, don't eat soup on any date until after you've moved in together.
  • pootle1972
    pootle1972 Posts: 579 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    2nd date....white top, tomato soup. ....yep I did.....so NEVER order the soup (or wear black)
  • Squirrel698
    Squirrel698 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    He shouldn't eat, he should just watch me eat.

Perfect!
  • RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Something you can take small bites of so you can sallow quickly, talk easily and not have food in your mouth! Yuck!
  • phildog49
    phildog49 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    A piece of advice... don't eat your food, then finish the plate of your date's food as well. I did this on the first date (with my wife) and never heard the end of it.
  • Alex729
    Alex729 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Eat what will make you happy, and if possible, along similar lines to what she's eating. If she orders the chimichanga platter and you get a salad, it could get bad.

She might call you a pendejo, and launch into a tirade about how only a Nancy-boy ponce would order a weakling salad when what she needs is a MAN to get her flautas fired up!

Likewise, don't order the slab of St. Louis ribs if she's keen on "lighter fare" like tofu.

However, if she orders the lobster, you need to get away from that gold-digger, because she's just after your $paper$, son! She orders the lobster, you excuse yourself and ask the hostess up front if it's okay for you to drive your own car, and then make your escape!

Finally, don't drink too much alcohol. It's not attractive and could deactivate your noodle for the evening.

Lmao "Get her flautas fired up"!
  • TaraTall
    TaraTall Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    phildog49 wrote: »
    A piece of advice... don't eat your food, then finish the plate of your date's food as well. I did this on the first date (with my wife) and never heard the end of it.

But you locked her in. So.....
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    phildog49 wrote: »

But you married her, dude.
    #winning
  • feisty_bucket
    feisty_bucket Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    I think the best thing to do on a first date is be obsessed with and talk about nothing but UFOs. Then order a big plate of mashed potatoes and build a replica of Devils Tower, Wyoming.

tumblr_m6rihh0koM1r4a47uo1_500.jpg
    "This means something."
  • yourhiddengem
    yourhiddengem Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I don't care what he eats as long as he doesn't tell me what to eat or not eat. And as long as he doesn't make some stupid joke about my food allergies cause I've heard them all at this point.
  • tryasimighty
    tryasimighty Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    There is nothing attractive about not enjoying food! As a seasoned dater I find men who express an interest in food make me feel more at ease eating with them. She may want a steak with cheesy chips and if you order a salad I don't think you'll see her again!! ;-) good luck
  • feisty_bucket
    Options
    Have you ever been abducted by aliens?

Did you like it?
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    Only eat bacon wrapped shrimp

/thread
  • CoffeeNCardio
    CoffeeNCardio Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options
    I don't care what he eats as long as he doesn't tell eat me

FIFY

#Stillabetterlovestorythantwilight
  • CoffeeNCardio
    Options
    I think the best thing to do on a first date is be obsessed with and talk about nothing but UFOs. Then order a big plate of mashed potatoes and build a replica of Devils Tower, Wyoming.

tumblr_m6rihh0koM1r4a47uo1_500.jpg
    "This means something."

This comment was truly a joy to read. And yes, I absolutely hummed the alien-speak thing.

Ba dum ba BUM BAAAAAAAAA
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Menix8 wrote: »
    I was so close to creating this thread myself.

But as a man you should really just ask, "What would Ron Swanson order?"

Dontcha mean Ron Jeremy???

• CoffeeNCardio
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Menix8 wrote: »
    I was so close to creating this thread myself.

But as a man you should really just ask, "What would Ron Swanson order?"

08l1fucxpk1s.jpg

• feisty_bucket
    Options

In that case, I hear pineapple juice is the way to go.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,986 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    There's a joke about oral sex in here somewhere I just know it.....

ETA: BEFORE YOU GET TOO FAR, PLEASE NOTE THIS POST IS JOKING ABOUT ANOTHER POST, IT'S NOT SERIOUS, THE OTHER ONE WAS...

They both belong in Chit Chat along with the "Bang/Marry/Pass", "What would you do to the member above you" and other equally silly threads, IMO.

When I was dating, and spending time on date site forums, I saw this question asked seriously more than once.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,986 Member
    Options
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/nadiaarumugam/2012/06/05/the-truth-of-why-manly-men-order-steak-and-wimps-order-salad/#5f1a923a1c00

Meat equals manliness.

It might sound ridiculous when you consider this assertion with a level head. But, go on admit it, if you’re a guy you’ve no doubt felt your machismo levels bolstered after chomping through a 16-oz ribeye steak, on the bone. As for you women, how many times have you steered away from the hamburger you quietly craved and opted for the chicken salad, just to seem that little more lady-like? Still, there’s no need to feel sheepish; as it turns out, this gendered reaction to meat is pervasive in Western society, according to a new study in the Journal of Consumer Research.

Of course, there’s nothing intrinsically male about meat, by which, to be entirely clear, we refer to “mammal muscle”. Nonetheless, through a series of studies that took place in the US and Britain, the researchers at four American universities found a strong metaphorical connection in the Western psyche between meats, especially steaks and hamburgers, and masculinity. Consequently then, they assert that the male aversion to ordering anything vegetarian off a menu is a result of not wanting to seem, well, wimpy...