Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Got veggies?
  • seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    Options
    Eat a small chunk of cheese tonight and save some calories in the future for a late night snack?
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Without knowing anything about your height, weight, age, and gender (which helps us understand "1500 calories") I have no advice. Though "got veggies" is generally good advice!
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Find a low calorie snack, eat that and just plan for a night time snack in the future.
  • chuckrwinters
    chuckrwinters Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I will usually grab a cheese stick and some veggies. Alternatively I will go for a 1/2 cup of cottage cheese with some granola sprinkled on top. That late I need to steer clear of carbs like crackers or triscuits otherwise I'll wake up with an insatiable hunger.
  • Squirrel698
    Squirrel698 Posts: 127 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Chewing gum might help give your mouth something to do. Also you might try drinking water. You could just be thirsty. At times, it's hard to distinguish between hunger and thirst.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Eat a little something and plan better tomorrow
  • michaelgannon313
    michaelgannon313 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    A pint of water and veg would be good, something that you can eat raw since its late, got carrots? Sweetcorn?
  • Jack_NYC
    Jack_NYC Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Take a walk. You will put time and distance between you and temptation. And when you get home you will have earned a few calories you can nosh, if you still want to.
  • jakeziskin1
    jakeziskin1 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. Maybe il take that walk.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Not sure how tall you are or what your activity level is like, but by your profile you're a 28 year old male. I'm a 47 year old chick and I eat close to 2000 cals a day. 1500 for you may not be enough.
  • jakeziskin1
    Options
    It's low to lose weight quicker!
  • Lovee_Dove7
    Lovee_Dove7 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    Eat a small serving of some slow carbs, so you can sleep well. Beans, sweet potato, legumes.
  • michaelgannon313
    Options
    Rapid weight loss isnt healthy and youre far more likely to binge.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Quicker isn't necessarily better! Honestly I think it sucks! Quick results, especially if they are due to temporary changes, are going to be temporary as well. Eat too little and you may lose some scale weight at first, but you're saying goodbye to lean muscle along with any fat, and it often leads to binge eating (because you find you're hungry at 9pm on a regular basis), lack of energy, brittle nails, loss of hair, and crashing and burning when it comes to exercise. fun! NOT! :tongue:

I've been eating around 2000 cals a day for several years, reached my goals about 3 years ago and have kept the weight off. I never go to bed hungry. Keeping the weight off long term and living a healthy fit life would be the goal, wouldn't it? Or quick weight loss that usually results in regaining all of it and more?

Up to you though. :smile: Best of luck to ya!
  • Discoqueen77
    Discoqueen77 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Happened to me last night. I drank water, then had some celery. Filled me up and I slept content.
  • jakeziskin1
    Options
    Eat a small serving of some slow carbs, so you can sleep well. Beans, sweet potato, legumes.

What's slow carbs mean and thanks!
  • jakeziskin1
    Options
    Rapid weight loss isnt healthy and youre far more likely to binge.

What's binge again
  • jakeziskin1
    Options
    AmyRhubarb wrote: »
    Quicker isn't necessarily better! Honestly I think it sucks! Quick results, especially if they are due to temporary changes, are going to be temporary as well. Eat too little and you may lose some scale weight at first, but you're saying goodbye to lean muscle along with any fat, and it often leads to binge eating (because you find you're hungry at 9pm on a regular basis), lack of energy, brittle nails, loss of hair, and crashing and burning when it comes to exercise. fun! NOT! :tongue:

I've been eating around 2000 cals a day for several years, reached my goals about 3 years ago and have kept the weight off. I never go to bed hungry. Keeping the weight off long term and living a healthy fit life would be the goal, wouldn't it? Or quick weight loss that usually results in regaining all of it and more?

AmyRhubarb wrote: »

I appreciate the advice. And no I won't fall off any wagon. I usually stick to 1900-2000 daily but I want to lose 10 pounds quick so I'm going to eat 1500 a day to lose quick and then jump to 2000 again
  • michaelgannon313
    Options
    stuffing your face because youre fed up feeling hungry