Atkins diet

Options
Hello every one, I'm looking for some suppor & Motivation. Iam in third week of Atkins phase one its really exustad and overwhlming . Is there any one on this diet!! Please advice
Thanks.

Replies

• RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Are you sure it is the right diet for you to try? You can lose weight and still eat all the things you like as long as you eat less calories than you burn.
    Eating low carb is just a restrictive way of doing that. Weight loss only ever comes down to one thing. Less calories in than out.

Here is a link to the low carb group for you if you are set on Atkins.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group
  • CassidyScaglione
    CassidyScaglione Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    You don't need to be on Atkins, you need to count your calories and stay in deficit. My aunt lost 25 lbs on Atkins and then gained it all back, because guess what? It's a dumb diet.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    You don't need to be on Atkins, you need to count your calories and stay in deficit. My aunt lost 25 lbs on Atkins and then gained it all back, because guess what? It's a dumb diet.

Every day folks post that they lost with MFP and then gained it all back, so following your logic....
  • karlafales
    karlafales Posts: 10 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    There is good science behind low carb diets ... and everyone it entitled to their own process of discovery when it comes to choosing an eating plan. Any plan that you go after and then stop doing will most likely result in gaining weight back as you go back to your old habits. Eating has to become a way of life ... not a diet that you start and stop. That being said, I have lost nearly 40 lbs doing Atkins/LCHF ... there are some great groups on Facebook for support and encouragement. I would say to keep it simple ... get some basic meals and recipes and repeat those ... it is a pretty simple plan to follow. When I did induction, breakfast was hard boiled eggs and a piece of cheese, lunch was tuna or egg salad with lettuce or pickles or celery w/laughing cow cheese, or a loaded salad. Dinner is always a piece of protein and 1-2 cups of veggies ... Search Low Carb Eating or LCHF/Atkins or low carb lifestyle on Facebook. The support does help and they share some awesome recipes too
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    OP: if you feel that the Atkins diet (or another low carb approach) is for you, be sure to do your research. Have you read up on Atkins? There are several "quick start" books out there. The route to misery with a formal diet is NOT doing your research.

Also, join the low carb group here. They will assist!

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group

good luck.
  • johnnylakis
    johnnylakis Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I did Atkins years ago. My cholesterol and blood pressure went up to dangerous levels. I now watch what I eat and have lost more weight safely
  • titianwasp
    titianwasp Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Watch out - a lot of people say "they are doing Atkins" without reading the books. They mac out on bacon and cheese and their bloodwork goes in the toilet. Atkins, done right, is very similar to Paleo. Mostly veg and some meat. It is not the ham and cream diet.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options

Every day folks post that they lost with MFP and then gained it all back, so following your logic....

This is true.....gained it back while losing the wrong way (for me) and gained it back losing the right way too.

OP - if low carb is something you will incorporate into a future l lifestyle carry on. If low carb is a temporary change...try something else, or at least figure out what permanent changes you will need for maintenance, before you get there.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    TeaBea wrote: »

This is true.....gained it back while losing the wrong way (for me) and gained it back losing the right way too.

OP - if low carb is something you will incorporate into a future l lifestyle carry on. If low carb is a temporary change...try something else, or at least figure out what permanent changes you will need for maintenance, before you get there.
    Yes, I think one of the good things about some of the more formal diets is they have a transition phase.

• Q_Is_Poison
    Q_Is_Poison Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    If you are on Atkins you MUST get a potassium supplement. No carb combined with low calories will make you lose tons of water weight. And with that goes your potassium. I would also get a multi-vitamin for women with potassium in it. Everyone has personal preferences about food, but if you don't count calories on this plan your weight loss will be minimal and you will plateau and gain.
  • bazzen2016
    bazzen2016 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I read it & I understand how it works
    OP: if you feel that the Atkins diet (or another low carb approach) is for you, be sure to do your research. Have you read up on Atkins? There are several "quick start" books out there. The route to misery with a formal diet is NOT doing your research.

good luck.

• bazzen2016
    bazzen2016 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you every one for your comments, its really supportive. And Atkins is dificult at phase 1 then phase 4 its really great but there is more 15 to go !!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    If you are on Atkins you MUST get a potassium supplement. No carb combined with low calories will make you lose tons of water weight. And with that goes your potassium. I would also get a multi-vitamin for women with potassium in it. Everyone has personal preferences about food, but if you don't count calories on this plan your weight loss will be minimal and you will plateau and gain.
    Atkins isn't "no carb", if done right.
    I know lots of folks who lost without counting calories.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    bazzen2016 wrote: »
    I read it & I understand how it works

good luck.
    Good!