over 50 life only gets bettertrust me and yes age is just a number

Options
been keeping fit since I was born and to all who struggle with exercise and nutrition being over 50 is awesome age is just a number just take one step at a time is all you need , and remember its all about you and no one else when you feel better so will everyone else , health always before wealth

Replies

• middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,485 Member
    Options
    Never exercised or tried losing any weight until I was 55. Losing the weight was a simple job of eating less over time. Exercise- I don't love it, never will, but certainly appreciate the benefits I am reaping in health and lifestyle. I will have a go at almost anything, except running, loath it with a passion.

Little old ladies can lift.

Cheers, h.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    I just turned 60 and I'm better shape now than I was in my 30s (started running etc in my early 50s)
  • PaulMarsden1
    PaulMarsden1 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    great news Brian our time of life we need to keep fit to enjoy life more im 63 end of this year
  • PaulMarsden1
    PaulMarsden1 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    yes ladies can lift for sure , ive weight trained most of my life used to run a few half marathons but that was in the eighties wouldstill to like to add the marathon to my achievments , its a way of life for my the exercise makesme feel better hopefully look better , even got my own u tube channel the englishman in new brunswick simply because i love to laugh too ,
  • AndreaWatkins2015
    AndreaWatkins2015 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I turned 60 last year and even though I didn't really start exercising until my 40's I consider it essential to staying fit and being able to enjoy the rest of my life. I watch what I eat, walk and strength train and thoroughly enjoy life!!!
  • lkpducky
    lkpducky Posts: 16,930 Member
    Options
    Hear hear! Here's to staying fit and active into old age! I just turned 50 last year. I've kept active most of my life, and am getting more serious on the weightlifting (as well as a mix of running, stationary bike, arm crank, and pool running). Mom is 90 and still walks every day and teaches piano. I aim to be as healthy as she is, or even healthier.