My clothes are too tight

Options
I am refusing to buy new clothes in a larger size. That's why I'm here. I only need to lose about 8 kg, which can mean that it is harder to find the motivation to put the effort in. Anyone else out there who only needs to lose a little weight?

Replies

• jswigart
    jswigart Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I am still working on loosing 10 more pounds after loosing 75. My success has been from the epiphany that you just need to consume less calories than you burn. Figure your BMI, then set your calorie goal right around that. Good luck! You can do it if you want it bad enough! J
  • krissyrey
    krissyrey Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Yes I know exactly how you feel. Its a real struggle when you realize that you are almost there. Just keep pushing, and the more steps you make forward, you will see how far you have come if you ever decide to look back.
  • vczK2t
    vczK2t Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I had a very smart woman tell me something a few times. If i am not comfortable in what i am wearing, then i will be uncomfortable with what i am eating. something's gotta give. so, give your "skinny" clothes to goodwill or a local charity, buy bigger sized clothes. when you are out of the bigger clothes and into smaller, then give those clothes to a local charity and get smaller clothes. it's not worth the discomfort to shame your body.
  • jdgorham06
    jdgorham06 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I tried to squeeze into a pair of pants that fit so easily around my waist 6 months ago, it was then I realized that I've got to make a real change to be the very best version of myself. Fortunately, I had a co-worker gift me a whole new winter wardrobe (from out of nowhere) that's exactly the size I am today. I am committed to living healthier and looking for individuals/community to connect with for support. Please feel free to add me!
  • Cindy01Louisiana
    Cindy01Louisiana Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I am right there with y'all. I quit smoking 2 1/2 years ago. Quit vaping 7 months ago. And, I've gained 24 pounds! I put all my smaller clothes in clear totes up on the closet shelf with big notes that say "145# and Under." I begrudgingly purchased bigger clothes. I'm starting my mission today. Goal is about 5 pounds per month. The gym I joined is doing a team contest and each of the teams is headed by a personal trainer. I believe joining one of these teams will jump start my motivation -- with both exercising and eating healthier.
  • ClosetBayesian
    ClosetBayesian Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I am refusing to buy new clothes in a larger size. That's why I'm here. I only need to lose about 8 kg, which can mean that it is harder to find the motivation to put the effort in. Anyone else out there who only needs to lose a little weight?

8 kilos is 17.6 pounds. If that is all you have to lose, then at a reasonable rate of weight loss (.5lbs per week), you're looking at 35 weeks. That's a long time to wear clothes that don't fit right.
  • Maree23032014
    Maree23032014 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Yup
  • katkiv22
    katkiv22 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I don't have a huge amount to lose either, but my clothes are definitely tight. I can see both sides, but I personally don't want to buy a whole new wardrobe for just a short time. I don't see the tight clothes as body shaming but as motivation to keep at it! These jeans fit when I bought them, and they'll fit again soon :)
  • Mersie1
    Mersie1 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same position!!! Feel free to
    Add me for some high giving as we accomplish our goals!