Down 65# 15 more to go! Loving life! (progression pics)

Options
macquilts
macquilts Posts: 15 Member
edited February 2016 in Success Stories
I've been overweight for the best part of 20 years. Had 3 children along the way (1 set of twins). A year ago I found myself hiding from the world because of my weight and my health was terrible. High B/P, cholesterol and sugar. I was a ticking time bomb. It was time to change but I was so afraid to fail.
The first pic is from May 2015, then June, August, September, November and January 1st 2016. I have lost 5 pounds since that last picture :)
Now I've totally changed my life and health for the better. I'm getting closer to my goal every day. Thanks to lots of support I've been able to make good food choices and found a little exercise is better than none and it keeps getting easier.
I still have some serious work to do on my middle. This is just the beginning, I'm so excited to see myself a year from now. The best is yet to come!

g6ufx8bq2avy.jpg

[Edited by MFP Mods]

Replies

• jmgj27
    jmgj27 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    You look great! Fantastic results! I'm a twin mum as well so I know the difficulties of sorting out the middle region after carrying twins- hopefully I'll be doing that later this year when I get rid of some of weight! Good luck for the last 15!
  • TristenROBrien
    TristenROBrien Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Great job! And awesome FB page, very motivating.
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Great job!! You look fantastic!
  • briohne128
    briohne128 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Wow amazing job! Well done :)
  • ba1031
    ba1031 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!!!!!
  • macquilts
    Options
    Thank you!
    ba1031 wrote: »
    Awesome!!!!!!

• macquilts
    Options
    And thanks for "Like"ing! :smile:
    Great job! And awesome FB page, very motivating.

• macquilts
    Options
    You will get there sooner than you think! A big part of this journey has been accepting/loving myself (belly) along the way!
    jmgj27 wrote: »
    You look great! Fantastic results! I'm a twin mum as well so I know the difficulties of sorting out the middle region after carrying twins- hopefully I'll be doing that later this year when I get rid of some of weight! Good luck for the last 15!
  • macquilts
    Options
    Great job!! You look fantastic!

Thank you!
  • jessicarobinson00
    jessicarobinson00 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    THIS is what I strive for!! You look fabulous, confident, and can't wait to see your again "AFTER" photos in a year!! Keep doing you!
  • MudstainSally
    MudstainSally Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Fantastic work, keep it up. You look amazing.
  • nowornever0430
    nowornever0430 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Wow!! You are doing an awsome job!
  • angelabumgarner
    angelabumgarner Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous! What a great accomplishment. What type of exercise program and diet are you following?
  • macquilts
    Options
    Me too! Thank you!
    THIS is what I strive for!! You look fabulous, confident, and can't wait to see your again "AFTER" photos in a year!! Keep doing you!

• macquilts
    Options
    I am getting more motivated every day! TY!
    Fantastic work, keep it up. You look amazing.

• grace914
    grace914 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! Work it, gurrrrrllll! I'm liking your page now!
  • niamibunni
    niamibunni Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    You look so confident and awesome!
  • macquilts
    Options
    I always go back to what my Doctor told me "Almost all programs work, find one you can commit to" I now eat 1,200-1400 calories a day. I started by out cutting out the processed food but have cleaned it up more and more each month. I'm now dairy free and eat a plant based several days a week. I've worked out 30 minutes a day from the start. At first it was just marching around the living room trying to catch my breath and now I'm killing the workout DVD's!
    You look fabulous! What a great accomplishment. What type of exercise program and diet are you following?

• zgiarc
    zgiarc Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Great job! This is hard to accomplish with kids! Be proud of yourself!
  • macquilts
    Options
    Thank you! I FEEL so much better :smile:
    niamibunni wrote: »
    You look so confident and awesome!

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!