What do you like to bring to work potlucks?

Options
2»

Replies

• M3ltD0Vvn
    M3ltD0Vvn Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Something one-pot / slow cooker.

Usually 5 Chicken breast, 2 tbls worcestershire sauce, 1 onion and either a jar of spaghetti sauce or a jar of bbq sauce. Slow cook for 4-8 hours night before, shred in the morning and let it rip. Goes with bread, tortillas, or lettuce wraps.

BAM!
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    Manicotti (each shell halved for appetizer size), spinach/strawberry/walnuts/balsamic salad, meatballs in grape jelly/chili sauce, mini muffins, scrambled egg muffins (for breakfast potlucks), roasted veggies (potatoes, sweet potatoes, carrots, brussel sprouts, butternut squash, etc.), quinoa salad with corn, red onion, edamame and roasted red pepper, fruit salad, etc.
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    Acg67 wrote: »
    Afura wrote: »
    Acg67 wrote: »
    We have themes here so i've brought dakdoritang, caramelized white chocolate panna cotta, brown butter and sea salt choc chip cookies, heirloom tomato soup, Raddicho salad with hazelnuts, chive and butter milk, Ginger and caramel apple pie, Dark choc caramel pretzel crust tart, cold fried chicken, endive salad with soubise and prosciutto, lobster mac n cheese, smoked gouda and aged cheddar mac n cheese w/ caramelized onions and pepperoni breadcrumbs

Please let me know when your next potluck is....

Friday, Caramelized bananas foster bread pudding

You're killing me smalls.
  • Buzymomof_3
    Buzymomof_3 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Chicken Fajita's - easy to make in crock pot, has veggies and can eat alone or on tortilla's. Someone else brings the cheese/sour cream/avacado, etc.
  • MsMaeFlowers
    MsMaeFlowers Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Crockpot enchiladas. With homemade sauce too. All the ladies here are on WW, and the calories per enchilada come out not too terrible, so everyone can eat them (unless someone had an allergy obviously, but I try to work allergies in if I know about them)
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I almost always find a way to get out of these...trying to socialize and be friendsees with 90 other people is my idea of hell. The last one I did go to I just brought those little smokie sausages in a crockpot with some homemade BBQ sauce.
  • Rage_Phish
    Rage_Phish Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    I almost always find a way to get out of these...trying to socialize and be friendsees with 90 other people is my idea of hell. The last one I did go to I just brought those little smokie sausages in a crockpot with some homemade BBQ sauce.

you and me both man
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    Options
    I work at a big place and I always wonder how clean other people are when they cook. I get all skeeved out.

I'm with you on this one. In my old workplace, we had a pot luck once a month. I didn't think anything of it until I overheard a conversation between coworkers talking about their obsessions with their cats. One of them kept the cat food dish on the kitchen counter next to the cutting board. The other had a dead cat in her kitchen freezer because she was "waiting until spring to bury it." After that, I found reasons to be out of the office or in a meeting on pot luck days.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    er...I usually opt out of the work potluck. I work at a big place and I always wonder how clean other people are when they cook. I get all skeeved out. The few times I've participated I usually make bruschetta or soft pretzels or fruit salad.

@ enterdanger Yeah...I always think about this too...I'm often surprised at the filth that some people let themselves live in and I have no idea how these people keep their kitchen or their personal hygiene.
  • Bikerchickmomma
    Bikerchickmomma Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    7-layer salad or broccoli / cauliflower salad....the kind with bacon and shredded cheese in it.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    Rage_Phish wrote: »
    cwolfman13 wrote: »

you and me both man

We have ours limited to the 10 people in our immediate office, but it's still killer. Thank god we just put the food out and let people come and go. No socialization needed!