Why isn' t my fitbit registering my calories?

Options
My fitbit is registering my step and exercise calories as 1301 total for the day, but only shows up as 87 on my diary. I don't have negative calories set. Any suggestions?
TIA

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    You have 87 total or 87 additional?

My syncing never shows me my total burn. It shows me the difference between the MFP estimate and what Fitbit thinks I actually burned.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    A lot of people have been trouble with it recently - I fixed mine by going to "Steps" in the app (it's under the "more" tab in IOS, not sure about android) and clicking the option to let Fitbit track my steps instead of no tracking. It's adjusting properly now, so it might be worth a try for you too.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    You won't get extra calories from FitBit until you earn over and above what MFP already assumes you'll earn in a day.
  • Khovde07
    Khovde07 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    If you mean that you're only getting 87 additional calories, then it may add up to more later in the day as MFP estimates how many calories your body will burn in a day just keeping everything going where Fitbit tracks actual calories burned.

If you mean that your calories are going screwy after a workout or something when you check into MFP, then I've been having that same issue. Apparently there's a bug that needs to be worked out.
  • newheavensearth
    newheavensearth Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    It says 87 under fitbit calorie adjustment. Usually I'm in the hundreds by now (7883 steps), so it looked odd to me. The other above and beyond calories over those few hundred are from exercise that I intentionally don't log so I don't overdo exercise calories.
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    My Fitbit and mfp aren't talking to each other. Since yesterday.

• newheavensearth
    Options
    Merkavar wrote: »

Sounds like there is a problem going on. :/ I'll keep resyncing and see. Thanks everybody!
  • newheavensearth
    Options
    Problem solved! I had to unsync and resync the fitbit. Thanks for the help!
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    Merkavar wrote: »

Try the fix I posted above, it's worked for me and someone else I know already today.
  • Pie319
    Pie319 Posts: 129 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I have done several fixes that worked temporarily, but the problem keeps coming back. it's a fitbit/mfp syncing issue. according to myfitnesspal's help page, they are aware of the problem and working on fixing it.

edited to say, it's been happening on and off since the beginning of the year, but seems to only be affecting some users
  • RichardHaw
    RichardHaw Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    @peleroja, the fix of setting steps to use those from fitbit seemed to fix mine, but I'd tried to disconnect and reconnect yesterday and that seemed to work also, but only for a while. Hopefully this will fix it longer term but it sounds like they have some issues with the connector.
  • Sweep79
    Sweep79 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    The step tracker thing is working for me but disconnecting etc had no impact on the original issue. Glad to hear it's widespread!