Tennis Anyone?

Options
Just to make things even more motivating for me.. I joined a tennis club! Granted I will be taking lessons at first, then I am definitely continuing so I can be on a tennis team. It's fun and I'll get my exercise too. I've never been all that competitive however, I already know this is a great way to get moving and meet new friends This, along with the gym and running should keep me on a good track..... OH and the outfits are way cute!!!!

Replies

• puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    I love tennis! Unfortunately, my tennis partner (my dad :) ) and I have trouble arranging our schedules to play. Also we are terrible so it is best if we play during non-busy times at the courts, which is hard with my work schedule. I have been thinking about taking some lessons and then trying to find a group of people to play with.
  • tracefan
    tracefan Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Right now I'm terrible.. lol but I don't care. I'm so glad I joined this tennis/golf club. I don't play golf.. hubby does..so it's great for both of us. I'm taking lessons in a couple of weeks and I can't wait. You should start again.. Great workout too. :)
    puffbrat wrote: »
    I love tennis! Unfortunately, my tennis partner (my dad :) ) and I have trouble arranging our schedules to play. Also we are terrible so it is best if we play during non-busy times at the courts, which is hard with my work schedule. I have been thinking about taking some lessons and then trying to find a group of people to play with.
  • North44
    North44 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I've been playing for several years now and I absolutely love it. I played around a bit as a kid so I didn't start from scratch. Nonetheless I now play 2-3 times per week including singles with a friend, doubles league and a clinic. I'm pretty good- not awesome by any means but definitely know my way around a court. I haven't joined a team yet, that might be the next step- eek!

Good luck and have fun!
  • tracefan
    Options
    That is awesome.. I'm jealous. I played 3 years ago..by starting out with clinics then just started games but the place closed and then my team had other plans etc. NOW I'm set. This is a tennis club so I will go and really look forward to it. Hope to just have fun.
    North44 wrote: »
    I've been playing for several years now and I absolutely love it. I played around a bit as a kid so I didn't start from scratch. Nonetheless I now play 2-3 times per week including singles with a friend, doubles league and a clinic. I'm pretty good- not awesome by any means but definitely know my way around a court. I haven't joined a team yet, that might be the next step- eek!

Good luck and have fun!

• goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    I love tennis! I call it accidental exercise. I'm too focussed on that ball to think about how tired I am.
  • tracefan
    Options
    ACCIDENTAL EXERCISE... I LOVE THAT!!!! also an excuse to go shopping for the cute outfits.. ha ha
    I love tennis! I call it accidental exercise. I'm too focussed on that ball to think about how tired I am.