Road trip snack food ideas

Options
jsmith2377
jsmith2377 Posts: 208 Member
My husband and I are taking off with our three year old on a 3 week cross country road trip. I wanted to get some ideas for healthy snack foods besides the usual granola and yogurt. We will have a cooler so the items can be cold. All together we've lost a total of 40 pounds and I'm currently only nine from my goal weight. Any ideas would be helpful, don't want to fall for the usual chips and soda!

Replies

• bbush18
    bbush18 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Jerky and almonds!! A good ol' apple can do the trick too! :)
  • jsmith2377
    jsmith2377 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Jerky and almonds!! A good ol' apple can do the trick too! :)
    Thanks! Great idea!
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    how about some light string cheese, grapes, cut up melon, mini rice cakes, special K crisp bars, popcorn( you can pop it before you leave or in the motel room , if you stop), bottled water, I hope this helps. ENJOY
  • Charice
    Charice Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Definitely the bottled water! A lot of times when you get the munchies it is because you are thirsty. You can even take some "Mio" or Crystal Light packets to flavor it up if it gets old. Also consider raisins, nuts, dried fruit, whole wheat crackers with cheese or almond butter, and cut up veggies like carrots, celery, broccoli, cauliflower, etc. Hope that helps...Have a great trip!
  • Brelynn
    Brelynn Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Snap peas are great to snack on.
  • Aliciakay252
    Options
    Edemame (soy beans) is wonderful! I buy the lightly salted ready-to-eat kind at Wal-mart in the frozen section. Just have to thaw it and it's ready! They are soo good!