• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Up your protein and fats
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    psulemon wrote: »
    how does the rest of your diet look? I tend to crave foods when I highly restrict the foods I enjoy. When I incorporate things into my diet that I enjoy, I crave things less.

This is me. If I say its off limits....its all i can think about!

I use between 6-10 packets of splenda a day. Sometimes more. I have for over a year. Havent noticed a difference in cravings.
  • blues4miles
    blues4miles Posts: 1,481 Member
    Options
    I use artificial sweeteners. I do not crave sweets. Most of my pounds and cheats are of the savory variety.

I am the same.
  • Untilproud11
    Untilproud11 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    To give qn update I ended up with a BAD yeast infection & my doc said its from it :(
    Once i got on meds for it I started noticing myself much better
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    mita271 wrote: »
    To give qn update I ended up with a BAD yeast infection & my doc said its from it :(
    Once i got on meds for it I started noticing myself much better

Wait, so your doctor is suggesting that artificial sweeteners cause your yeast infection or that your cravings where from the yeast infection?
  • Untilproud11
    Untilproud11 Posts: 297 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    He pointed that yeast infection cause sugar cravings so he doesn't think it has nothing to do with sweetners ... Im even better by now i feel much back to normal just like i was
    I was surprised as i never ever thought yeast infections cause this ....
  • ldowdesw
    ldowdesw Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I've used artificial sweetener in my hot drinks and on my cereals for years. I can't honestly say that I crave sweet stuff. I use the product to help me, if I feel I need to get through the next hour before dinner time, I have a large milky coffee with sweetner. It's all personal preference, this works well for me xx
  • sabified
    sabified Posts: 1,051 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I've always heard that artificial sweeteners make you crave sugar more...
    I don't use it for that reason.
    Has anyone else heard this?
    Can u try a natural sugar and see if it makes a difference?
    Or drink with only cream?

I've heard the same.. That AS causes sugar cravings. Something about the brain tasting sweet, but the body not receiving actual sugar so goes looking for it, something like that....

I've heard the same as above, but I never really focused on it. I use Stevia, which is a natural sweetener (plant based). AF's actually give me headaches, so I don't use them for that, but Stevia doesn't... butttt, I never craved sweets from either AFs or stevia, so I'm not sure if it'll help you with that?? Either way, no harm in trying.

If you really don't want to use sugar, you could try using honey in your coffee instead of AFs. It tastes yummy, and there shouldn't be a problem with adding the extra calories from honey if it helps prevent a 1300 day of sweets, right?

Edit: Seeing your post now that it was from an infection... that's crazy, I had no idea that could happen. Glad your feeling better though!