Swimsuit suggestions?

kittiemeoww
kittiemeoww Posts: 40 Member
Hi! So I'm trying desperately to get in better shape by the end of March/mid April.. I'm currently 5'3, and 135 ish. BUT I had twins 17 months ago, and my stomach is totally ruined! So.... Not only do I have to lose weight (it looks way worse than 135 should..) but I have to deal with tons of extra skin and my ab muscles are so far separated that I need surgery: I look like I am still pregnant.:( We are going on a trip in either March or April, and I'll need a swimsuit. I need one that will hide my awful stomach, but be girly and not make me feel ugly..:( Please help!! Thanks!!

Replies

• Hotshot_Barretta
    Hotshot_Barretta Posts: 67 Member
    I had twins years ago, never got my tummy fixed.

Try retro type high waisted bottoms with a cute bikini top. Shapes your nicely and doesn't look granny is with the matching top. Hope you find something you are comfortable in. I get tons of compliments on mine
  • thehexenbiest
    thehexenbiest Posts: 114 Member
    I'm a lot heavier than you but my main flaw is also my stomach. I was facing the same problem before going on a vacation a while ago but I found a wonderful swimsuit that has some extra shaping padding but doesn't look old-fashioned and is really comfortable to wear.

I hope you'll find something nice. But most of all, enjoy your trip!
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    I had twins years ago, never got my tummy fixed.

Try retro type high waisted bottoms with a cute bikini top. Shapes your nicely and doesn't look granny is with the matching top. Hope you find something you are comfortable in. I get tons of compliments on mine

This is a good suggestion. ModCloth is a good place to look for that style.

No children for me, but I did have a tumor the size of a basketball removed several years ago. Between that and another surgery, plus extreme weight gain and loss due to health issues...yep, I have the same problem.

Tankinis are a good option. Try Athleta and Title 9. I've also heard that a brand called Popina is great for bra-sizing in tankinis, but I do not actually own any of their suits. I used to find good tankinis at Land's Ends, but for some reason their fit has been wonky (at least on my body) for the last couple of seasons. Great quality and return policy though.

There is nothing wrong with wearing a one piece. I get hit on all the time when I wear my Land's End athletic suit to swim laps...seriously, it's not meant to be sexy at all, but there is no accounting for taste! Similar to these, though mine is black with purple and pink accents

landsend.com/products/women-aquasport-scoop-one-piece-swimsuit/id_296079?sku_0=::92H

• lseed87
    lseed87 Posts: 1,110 Member
    Modcloth.com and swimsuitsforall.com come to mind
  • cmr3399
    cmr3399 Posts: 80 Member
    swimsuitsforall.com Is a great one....I went to that site for a few suits...I have the same issue but its from large gains and losses...along with 3 kids..I found a awesome suit to hold everything in place for aqua classes and a cute one for my trip to Jamaica... go take a peek
  • Birkah
    Birkah Posts: 33 Member
    I am short, and can't wear a one-piece, since they never fit correctly and I don't have the patience or time to try on a million swimsuits. I also have to chase kids around the beach year-round (yay for living in South FL), and can't stand constantly tugging on a suit. I found comfy bottoms at Target that have a full-coverage bikini bottom built in, and look like running shorts on the outside. I wear a sports bra and a short-sleeve rashguard on top. It's kind of a surfer girl look, but I don't have to fiddle with coverups or anything to make a dash into the grocery afterwards.
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,834 Member
    When I was heavier I got a few really cute tankini's on Swimoutlet.com. There's free shipping and returns!
  • shrinkinmom1
    shrinkinmom1 Posts: 17 Member
    Invest in a Miraclesuit. They are not cheap but they are made incredibly well and have cuts that can hide and redefine most body parts.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Invest in a Miraclesuit. They are not cheap but they are made incredibly well and have cuts that can hide and redefine most body parts.

I checked out Miraclesuit, but they didn't have one for me. Guess I'll have to stick with my Speedo.

• Shells918
    Shells918 Posts: 1,070 Member
    I wear tankinis with skirted bottoms. I've found them at Macy's and a mall store called Everything but Water. They hide all the flaws but still look cute.
  • provencal73
    provencal73 Posts: 1,275 Member
    http://www.barenecessities.com/magicsuit-shelly-tankini-top-367674_product.htm?pf_id=Magicsuit367674&search=&color=Black

Though this is pricey, the different style options are really cute and could possibly be found in outlets for cheaper prices.
  • kittiemeoww
    Thanks for all of the suggestions! Until I get surgery, (no time soon) - $120 or so is a small price to pay to feel a little better about wearing a swimsuit! Maybe I'll get a couple now, so if I don't like them I can exchange them before our trip. Thanks again!
  • Ang803
    Ang803 Posts: 14 Member
    Lands End always has some really nice tankini tops with different bottoms that you can mix and match with. A little pricy but worth it to me. They give really good support where needed. Enjoy your trip!!
  • MommaMonkeyNgo
    MommaMonkeyNgo Posts: 4 Member
    There's this etsy shop called bikiniboo that has a ton of tummy friendly bathing suits.
  • kittiemeoww
    edited February 2016
    Thank you everyone for all of your suggestions!!!