Sunflower seeds

Options
Anyone else addicted to spitz sunflower seeds ?

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    I was once addicted to cigarettes but kicked the habit. You can too
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    Not a bad addiction. Weigh and log them first since the calories can add up.
  • Janer75
    Janer75 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    I was once addicted to cigarettes but kicked the habit. You can too

I quit nearly six months ago that's why I'm addicted to sunflower seeds now
  • Janer75
    Options
    Not a bad addiction. Weigh and log them first since the calories can add up.

32g = 190 calories. It's not a lot of seeds to eat but it's a lot of salt.
  • machjas
    machjas Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I love me some sunflower seeds, but I usually just eat them in a salad to get my fix.
  • Janer75
    Options
    machjas wrote: »
    I love me some sunflower seeds, but I usually just eat them in a salad to get my fix.

Great idea !
  • barbh2001
    barbh2001 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I use them to top cottage cheese as a post workout snack. Love the crunch they add and the combination keeps me full. I've been looking for low salt cottage cheese because the salt does add up.
  • bellabonbons
    bellabonbons Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Sunflower seeds are healthy. Lots of awesome nutrients for the body.
  • Theo166
    Theo166 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    I had an overwhelming urge for a snack fix when I was inside the gas station today. I luckily settled for sunflower seeds (in shells) instead of chips or candy. Haven't had them in years but they really hit the spot, salty and a bag seems to last forever.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    I used to eat whole sunflower seeds as a kid. I learned how painful they are coming out after 2 days. I don't eat the whole ones because the sodium is too high for me. I do eat the shelled ones (no salt) in salads and yogurt.
  • Chunkahlunkah
    Chunkahlunkah Posts: 373 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I'm a David chick. I have a bag next to me right now. :D

I typically end up eating only half a serving because fat fills me up. It's one of my favorite foods for mindless snacking. I know I won't eat too large a portion, and they take a long time to eat.
  • Rushgirl82
    Rushgirl82 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I can't buy them as I can't stop eating them once I've started LOL. I'll eat a whole bag in a day easily. So I just don't buy them anymore.