Help - not loosing weight

Options
kryssu
kryssu Posts: 26 Member
edited February 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
In the past 1 1/2 weeks I didn't loose almost any weight. At the begining I had 113 kg (on jan 25), after the first week I had109.7 (on feb 1st) and now I have 109.4. I'm measuring with a scale all my food, I exercise, and I take my meds for my thyroidis problem. I set my calories goal at 1200 as my doctor say, and usually I eat about 900-1000 calories.

Next week, on friday, I should be on my period. Do you think is because of that?

I am very depressed right now, because in my first week I lost a good number of kg, and now I don't loose anything.

Please help me.

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    It's perfectly normal to not lose weight every week (especially when you are around your period). Be patient.

Why have you decided to eat so little?
  • tryasimighty
    tryasimighty Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I gain up to a massive 10lb at certain of the month! Log it for three months and see how you go!
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    You are just not eating at a deficit...
  • kryssu
    Options
    My nutritionist set the 1200 calorie goal. I eat around 900-1000 because I don't need more. I am never hungry. My problem is with my craving of junk food. I never ate much quantitative but only I had very poorly choises
  • lml852014
    lml852014 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    well first you should be eating more then 900 calories a day especially if youre exercising!
  • ScoobaChick
    ScoobaChick Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Please don't despair. Losing weight is more of a marathon than a sprint. Hormonal cycles, variation in the food you eat, muscle building, etc.. can all affect weight loss. Keep doing what you are doing and be patient.

It is common to lose a lot of weight at first when starting a new eating and fitness regimen and then the weight loss tapers off. This is normal.

And yes when I get my period, I tend to be heavier 1-2 days before and for the first few days too :(

• RobD520
    RobD520 Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    A loss from 131kg to just under 110 suggests loss of over 46 pounds in one week (1kg=2.205lb). Really??
  • JillPoverud
    JillPoverud Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    You might not be eating enough calories. I'd go for the 1200 so your body doesn't think it's starving. Lots of times when people start a new regime they lose a lot the first week and then it levels out; losing 1-3 pounds a week is recommended. Definitely hormone changes can impact what the scale says over the course of the month. Keep going! You can do it.
  • kryssu
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Google says:

113 kg = 249.122356 pounds
    109.4 kg = 241.185715

So I lost just 8 pounds in aprox 3 weeks
  • kryssu
    Options
    I saw now. I wrote wrong...I've started from 113kg
  • kryssu
    Options
    Thank you for the answer. I saw now. I wrote wrong...I've started from 113kg

My nutritionist set the 1200 calorie goal. I eat around 900-1000 because I don't need more. I am never hungry. My problem is with my craving of junk food. I never ate much quantitative but only I had very poorly choises
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    for starters, weight loss is not linear and should lose the expected amount on average over time, not one week to the next, too many variables. And I would also add that don't go under 1200 calories, even your doctor said 1200.

It is difficult to get the required nutrition on a diet less than 1200, even at 1200 there is no room for error. you need a certain amount of fat, protein, vitamins and minerals, good luck reaching those on less than 1200 (and I don't mean MFP's macro goals, as they are just % of your goal, I mean the amount you body needs.)
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    So now you've lost 8 lbs in 4 weeks, which is great! That's how it works- you're looking for an average loss. You're not likely to hit the same number, and you may even gain, from week to week. But you still need to be eating WAY more @ 240 lbs. And you will still lose.
  • adamgheli
    adamgheli Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Kryssu...what's your height? If you're an avg height, you sound a bit heavy for 109kg. Let me share something amazing with you. I'm considered obese for a 5'9" man with 38.5% PBF (somewhere around there). I was neglecting to eat to limit calories also. But now 36.2% PBF after 4 weeks. I've tried low calorie many a times and failed. What worked with me was to simply eat healthy portions of clean food, several times a day. It was very counter intuitive for me to eat to lose weight. But it works. What people with our body type usually do it to limit food and that ends up becoming a problem for the body. It needs food to break down food. It needs "good" fat to break down fat. And it needs plenty of water to get rid of water.

I know it's un-nerving to hear someone say you should eat more but I think that maybe a bit part of your problem. I was fortunate to be told to eat 1800cal but not 1700 and not 1900. Just 1800, that was made up of 40% Protein, 20% Carbs, and 40% Fats. Yes! 40% Good Healthy Fats!!! From nuts, avocado, and little butter. And guess what...it's working! Yes, some days I'll be heavier due to water or such, but overall I'm heading down.

So nutrition is your and my biggest friend if we use it the right way. Second, you already know to walk a bit each day. But I'll stress point number 3 a bit. You have to get out of the "My Weight" mindset. It's good to check the number each week but it's also good to evaluate how you "FEEL". Do you feel good? Do you more tired than last week or better? When you walk up a flight of stairs, are yo u huffing and puffing? These are good indicators of health and vitality. Don't diminish your natural instincts due to some number on a scale that may go up or down based on tens of various factors.
  • RDzierzon
    RDzierzon Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    First I'd recommend not relying on the scale so heavily. You may want to look at how your clothing is fitting for a measurement of success and also how you feel physically and emotionally, these are a great way to measure success. You also need to mix up your workouts, if you do the same routine all the time your muscles will become used to that particular movement and you will hit a plateau. Try adding some weight as well for resistance. If you build some muscle that helps you burn more calories when you aren't working out vs. just doing cardio which burns a lot of calories up front but then dies off shortly after you stop working out. Also, if you lack energy you may want to try a pre workout energy drink like "bpi" I have found it helps me significantly. Good luck and DON'T GIVE UP!
  • blues4miles
    blues4miles Posts: 1,481 Member
    Options
    kryssu wrote: »
    Google says:

109.4 kg = 241.185715

8 lbs in 3 weeks is really good. Why would you be disappointed in that?
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,117 Member
    Options
    eldamiano wrote: »
    You are just not eating at a deficit...

Seeing as 1) She did lose weight (about half a kilo or 1 pound) she is likely in a calorie deficit. 2) Simply saying whenever a person's weight loss slows that they are not in a deficit is far from helpful, and may not be right especially in this case where the person has lost weight, just slower than expected. 3) The additional information that TOM is coming soon means it is more likely that fat loss may have been masked by water retention. Even without that fact, with that weight that has been lost (that half a kilo) the likelihood it is water weight or something similar masking the lost is far more likely.

To the person who posted this, weight does not come off in a straight line. It goes up and down which is why at least 4 weeks is needed to see what the actual direction of weight loss is. Give it time, keep measuring your food carefully, and see where your weight is by the end of the month.
  • kryssu
    Options
    deskjobguy wrote: »
    Kryssu...what's your height? If you're an avg height, you sound a bit heavy for 109kg. Let me share something amazing with you. I'm considered obese for a 5'9" man with 38.5% PBF (somewhere around there). I was neglecting to eat to limit calories also. But now 36.2% PBF after 4 weeks. I've tried low calorie many a times and failed. What worked with me was to simply eat healthy portions of clean food, several times a day. It was very counter intuitive for me to eat to lose weight. But it works. What people with our body type usually do it to limit food and that ends up becoming a problem for the body. It needs food to break down food. It needs "good" fat to break down fat. And it needs plenty of water to get rid of water.

I know it's un-nerving to hear someone say you should eat more but I think that maybe a bit part of your problem. I was fortunate to be told to eat 1800cal but not 1700 and not 1900. Just 1800, that was made up of 40% Protein, 20% Carbs, and 40% Fats. Yes! 40% Good Healthy Fats!!! From nuts, avocado, and little butter. And guess what...it's working! Yes, some days I'll be heavier due to water or such, but overall I'm heading down.

So nutrition is your and my biggest friend if we use it the right way. Second, you already know to walk a bit each day. But I'll stress point number 3 a bit. You have to get out of the "My Weight" mindset. It's good to check the number each week but it's also good to evaluate how you "FEEL". Do you feel good? Do you more tired than last week or better? When you walk up a flight of stairs, are yo u huffing and puffing? These are good indicators of health and vitality. Don't diminish your natural instincts due to some number on a scale that may go up or down based on tens of various factors.

My height164cm so I think 5'5". Yes, I walk now around 7km per day and I climb 5 floors everyday by foot. I will try to eat more, but is difficult, because my brain is telling me "if you eat, you will gain weight". I know is not true, but still...
  • kryssu
    Options
    kryssu wrote: »
    Google says:

109.4 kg = 241.185715

8 lbs in 3 weeks is really good. Why would you be disappointed in that?

Because I would like to have under 90 kg - 198pound by april, when I will go o vacation in Rome. But now I don't think this goal is real