MISSDEEHERE'S ONE WEEK CHALLENGE~FOR SHORT TERM GOALS

Options

Replies

• FabOma08
    FabOma08 Posts: 500
    Options
    Well, guess I don't have to worry about setting the week's goal too high on the first day! Waited too late in the day for walking. I must have been crazy! Though my walking goal doesn't normally include exercise based walking, Sundays are my slow days so I figured I'd get a walk in to establish my baseline for the week. Only got 1 mile due to the heat!
  • dawnflying
    dawnflying Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm in too! back from a fabulous holiday and gained what I had lost in the previous two weeks but had a ball. So back on track this week starting tomorrow. My goals are:
    1. Eat my calorie alloance
    2. Exercise x4 this week
    3, Keep visualising where I want to be.
    Have a great week,
    Dawn
    xx
  • SuzMac1981
    SuzMac1981 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Okay, I am starting over again. Today was Day #1. I went to the local YMCA and signed up for their 2 week free trial. I dropped my daughter off in the babysitting room and attacked the treadmill. I walked at 2.0 mph for 3 minutes, then bumped it up to 2.5 for 3 minutes then 3.0 for 15 minutes. I was sweating! I didn't realize what walking 3.0 mph really felt like. I then attempted the bicycle but that seat hurt my butt so I only got in 8 minutes... attempted the elliptical and I only managed 1 whole minute. That machine is BRUTAL!!!

My goals this week:
    1) go to the YMCA 5 days this week for at LEAST 30 minutes. (1/5 complete!)
    2) log everything. EVERYTHING. EVERY LITTLE MORSEL THAT GOES INTO MY MOUTH.
    3) stop the nighttime binge/snacking that I picked up again.

Good luck to all!
  • missdeehere
    missdeehere Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    WELCOME BACK :flowerforyou: DAWN & SUZ:flowerforyou:
    Good luck reaching your goals this week.

WE CAN DO THIS LADIES!! WE CAN!!
  • missdeehere
    Options
    Darling Dee, I am here and ready to do something, anything. I have been having a bad time of it emotionally but need to not make it worse by eating things that make me feel bad physically and emotionally.

I am going to challenge myself to write down everything I eat after 3:30pm everyday. I would like to write the whole day, but it is 3:30 and beyond that I have probs with my program. It is truly a attitude thing because I need to care more. I can do it I just need to want to.

I watched the last part of What's Eating Gilbert Grape last night and it reminded me of how out of control my weight can get when the mother (if you haven't seen it she is morbitly obese) says "I haven't always been like this". You know, I haven't always been like this and I don't have to be either.

Man (or woman as it were) the battleships ladies (and any gentlemen out there) I am at war!

:flowerforyou: Cathy
    My dear sweet friend, I am so very happy you keep sticking with this, or should I say like me, you keep coming back!! I sware we could be sisters cus we are soooo much alike!! Good Luck!! You & I will do this TOGETHER!!
  • missdeehere
    Options
    :flowerforyou: MAK, so glad you are back!! This will be our week to SHINE!!

We CAN do this!!

PS Did u ever find your phone? My friend also lost her phone yesterday, but she found hers at the Dolar General Store!!
  • missdeehere
    Options
    :drinker: Sunday June 19 ~CHECK-IN ~GREAT SUCCESS IN ALL 5 !! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

My Strive for Five Goals

1) Walk 15/20 min daily✔ 20 minutes morning walk & walked one stop sign further/same amount of time!!
    2) Exercise 15/20 min daily✔ 30 minutes on the Stability Ball including 10 min w/weights
    3) Stay within my calories✔ Had 444 left over
    4) Do some Closet Cleaning✔ Father’s Day, so I just cleared one huge mail pile on Dining room table.
    5) Limit my computer time (especially games)✔ I am sooooo ready for a game of ZUMA!! NOW!!!! LOL

I AM SO PLEASED WITH HOW MY DAY WENT!! I HOPE & PRAY I CAN KEEP THIS UP ALL WEEK!!

Last night I came up with a list of Do’s & Don’ts that get me into trouble. I printed it out and carried it with me all day. I got it out and looked at it several times today. I am going to keep it on me dailythis week and use it when I have to!! LOL I will show you my list if you promise NOT TO LAUGH!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Do's & Don'ts To help keep me motivated this week

Do Walk in the morning~ Don’t Sleep in
    Do Eat Healthy~ Don’t Eat Joops snacks
    Do Daily Exercise~ Don’t Play Games until done
    Do Get Housework done~ Don’t Be a Couch Potato
    Do Try to Sweat ~ Don’t Hog the AC & Fans
    Do Stay out of Fridge~ Don’t Hold door open looking
    Do Brush your teeth~ Don’t Eat nuts at night
    Do Feel Good about self~ Don’t Forget your makeup
    Do Lose weight~ Don’t Gain weight
  • MAK_01
    MAK_01 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: MAK, so glad you are back!! This will be our week to SHINE!!

We CAN do this!!

PS Did u ever find your phone? My friend also lost her phone yesterday, but she found hers at the Dolar General Store!!

Phone is still MIA. I'm hoping it's sitting on my desk when I get to work in the morning. I'm off to bed. I need to go to sleep so I can get up at 5:45 and get my workout in.

Night all!
  • Seesaa
    Seesaa Posts: 451
    Options
    alright miss dee i am back!

I will be aiming to working out 5-6 times at the gym.
    gonna stick to salads and oat meal for breakfast and lunch to get rid of the water weight i gained this week from my first week in canada.
  • missdeehere
    Options
    Wooo Hoooo Welcome back Seesaa:flowerforyou:

You were in Canada?? WOW!! You on vacation???? My sister's boyfriend is from Canada.

The heat won't help and sodium gain either. :-( YOU CAN DO IT!! YOU ARE AMAZING!!

Have a great week!!
  • pamarnold
    pamarnold Posts: 36
    Options
    1st time trying your challenge. My goals this week:

1. Get at least 2 Zumba sessions in.
    2. Ride my bike at least 4 miles.
    3. Get all of my H2O in every day this week.
    4. Lose 2 lbs.

Starting weight beginning of this challenge: 163 WISH ME LUCK!
  • missdeehere
    Options
    :flowerforyou: WELCOME PAM!!
    :smile: Happy that you joined us!! :laugh: Heck, I am just really happy tonight!! I had a GREAT DAY!!

Good Luck reaching your goals this week!! I have a feeling this is going to be a gREAT week for everyone!!
  • stc74
    stc74 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
    I've only been on here for one week, but loving it so far!

My goals:
    1. go to my first Zumba class this week
    2. get up to do my 30day shred each day this week
    3. keep within 250 calories of my goal each day
  • Seesaa
    Seesaa Posts: 451
    Options
    Wooo Hoooo Welcome back Seesaa:flowerforyou:

You were in Canada?? WOW!! You on vacation???? My sister's boyfriend is from Canada.

The heat won't help and sodium gain either. :-( YOU CAN DO IT!! YOU ARE AMAZING!!

Have a great week!!

I am in Langley near Vancouver.
    I am visiting my fiance for a couple months so yeah vacation.

I wish the heat was part of it, but it hasn't gotten over 60 here yet lol nope just poor food choices...yummy...but poor and then the travel i'd gather. i'm upping my water again cause before this i was sick for 2 weeks so it's kinda been a roller coaster ride.
  • FabOma08
    Options
    Report Day 1:
    1. Go to bed by 10pm every night. X didn't get home from Dad's til 11:30!
    2. Go to gym 3 days this week. X not planned for today
    3. Try out a different home workout program each day. I have lots of them! yay!! sort of. did 25 minutes of kickboarding laps in the pool. my stomach is killing me!!!
    4. Walk 1/4 mile further each day from the day before. (this is not "exercise walking" I wear a pedometer all day to judge how much moving I'm actually doing.) today was setting baseline for the rest of the week. 2.5 miles
  • crazyquilter36
    Options
    I am in again. Same as last week since I did not make my goal. I have the worst cold ever and I just slept most of the weekend in a dayquil/nyquil daze =( Still very stuffy but maybe I can sweat the rest of this out of me ;) So trying for 450min of exercise again. Good luck everyone!
  • FabOma08
    Options
    Got up late this morning so today will not be a gym day, but I'll get my walking in and try a new program this evening! I will meet this challenge!!
  • SuzMac1981
    SuzMac1981 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Monday check-in - 2/5 days at the gym this week!
  • bachooka
    bachooka Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    did one of my morning workouts today... only have to do one more this week. I started the challenge today as sunday is my day off. :)

water is off to a good start and I'm on a low day calorie wise today. :)
  • FabOma08
    Options
    Arrgghh!!! Ok, this is as bad as "the dog ate my homework"!!! But it's true....I flushed my pedometer! I can't believe it just went right down!!! I did check it just a few minutes before that and I'm on my way to go get a new one, but that means I'm out a few hundred steps at least!! Oh well, I already hit yesterdays number so I'll still be ok for my challenge...seriously...flushed my pedometer??? Unreal!!!!