How often do you weigh yourself?

Options

Replies

• CaitlinW19
    CaitlinW19 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Weekly! I am a convert big time...it gives me a concrete goal to work toward every week.
  • giraffe_draft
    giraffe_draft Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    moyer566 wrote: »
    everyday but pay more attention to trends as opposed to individual days

Ditto!
  • MelissaDrees
    MelissaDrees Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday! It seems to help keep me motivated!
  • LiveLoveLift48
    LiveLoveLift48 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    mrschikin wrote: »
    I do it every morning after my workout and a good bm, but before I shower. I'm ok with small fluctuations up or down, because I know weight loss isn't linear, but if the scale goes up in a regular fashion I know it's time to change something in my diet or exercise routine.

I am quite tall (and still just barely over 300 lbs) so it takes a long time to notice changes in my measurements, how my clothes fit, or how I look. But the scale is a fair bellweather when it comes to whether I'm on track or not.

I wouldnt weigh in AFTER you workout. Your muscles will be holding water . Plus you have probably drank a bunch of water.
  • ladyu
    ladyu Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    everyday!
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Every morning, post pee, pre poop. It helps me to start my day with a reminder of what I'm doing, keeps me focused and like other posters, just to make sure I'm trending in the right direction.
  • cbro70
    cbro70 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I used to weigh myself about once a week or so, but now I check everyday. I think the important thing is the mind set you have. I know that weighing myself everyday I will not see any big change like I was used to and I dont get upset if it goes up.
  • bathmatt12345
    bathmatt12345 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Every morning I'm home. I typically log it if I have two days that are the same though. I feel bad if I gain on one day and lose the next. Haven't really lost any weight.
  • spookyandslimming
    Options
    Weekly (Sunday morning), I know if I did it every day then I'd obsess over it.
  • vczK2t
    vczK2t Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    once per month. the first day of the month, in the morning, after i've done my business and am buck neked. any more often and i would be obsessing about the # on the scale.
  • Kali2024
    Kali2024 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    We have a doctor's scale at work in the women's restroom, so everytime i'm in there…I think I'm obsessed.
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Every day, same time, same circumstances. I keep track in a separate app which gives me good graphs and averages, so I can see trends nicely. It keeps me on point when I know I'm weighing daily. I log my weight into MFP once per week.
  • CrossfitOCRunner
    CrossfitOCRunner Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I don't stress or overthink it, but my goal is daily in the morning. If I miss, I miss. but I like seeing it and as some people have said, it lets me know that I'm on track or that I need to dial in. It is REALLY hard to rebound or not maintain when you are weighing daily. What get's measured, get's managed. I totally believe in the studies that show people who start to weigh daily lose weight without any other concerted efforts to change. :wink:
  • CrossfitOCRunner
    CrossfitOCRunner Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    People that weigh daily, do you post it to MFP that regularly, or how often do you update it on here? I only update weekly.
  • svsl0928
    svsl0928 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Tuesday or Wednesday and Friday or Saturday
  • wanzik
    wanzik Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I'll usually hit the scale at the gym a couple times while I'm there on weekdays... just to check the trend but I really don't trust it. Every Saturday morning I do a full body comp with my Omron scale. Those are the results I log.
  • workinonit01
    workinonit01 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I don't feel so obsessed about it but I do try to weigh daily as soon as I wake up. I want to cheer myself on for progress or nip an upward trend in the bud...
  • JayRuby84
    JayRuby84 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Way too often, it seems. Putting mine in the basement, hopefully find a good corner where spiders hang out so I'm not tempted to reach back and grab it again.
  • srv524
    srv524 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    Whenever I need a good cry
  • marandaruhl
    marandaruhl Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every 3-7 days, always after a morning bowel movement.