What are you cooking for Valentines ??

Options
I'm not sure yet what to cook for a healthy yummy valentines meal !

Replies

• MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Options
    Cooking on Valentines Day? Pfft. The only people that I will want cooking on valentines day are whoever will be working at whatever restaurant we go to. ;)
  • Pennilopez
    Pennilopez Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    MommyL2015 wrote: »
    Cooking on Valentines Day? Pfft. The only people that I will want cooking on valentines day are whoever will be working at whatever restaurant we go to. ;)

Haha nice one
  • CollieFit
    CollieFit Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options

Ditto. :D
  • ARGriffy
    ARGriffy Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    I normally do a lovely fish starter, maybe langoustines and a smoked salmon bruscetta or something like that, then maybe a rack of lamb with roasted veg for main, something yummy like that!!
  • JodehFoster
    JodehFoster Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    CollieFit wrote: »

Ditto. :D

x3

the following two days will be bar/restaurant hopping overnight in Pittsburgh...spoiling ourselves with small bites and flavors.

We've busted our butts since New Years for this getaway, can't wait!
  • ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    On actual Valentine's Day since my husband works I will be making homemade Alfredo pasta. It is by no means healthy or low cal but, I already logged my day so I am making it work.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what else I'm making, but I'll be doing a heart of palm salad with sherry vinegar dressing and homemade croutons and a big chocolate raspberry cake (my husband's favorite flavors).
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    Cant beat a burger and chips.... Whack some extra bacon on top...
  • chunky_pinup
    chunky_pinup Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Valentine's Day? You mean an evening of Take-Out and The Walking Dead?
  • lisa9805
    lisa9805 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    lol Chunky_pinup... I was thinking the same thing.
    I will be cooking up a plate of singledom... Maybe have pizza as I haven't had pizza in weeks although it will depend if i'm back on my feet to exercise that day for the extra calories. Carbs are too awesome lol
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    IDK...we'll be visiting my in-laws...so I guess whatever they're making...my guess would be my FIL will grill up some steaks and my MIL will roast some potatoes and do some kind of veggie side...not because Vday...just because they like to grill up steaks when we come out to visit...which works for me.

My wife and I aren't really into the whole fake holiday thing so we never really do anything in particular.
  • chunky_pinup
    chunky_pinup Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    138shades wrote: »
    Wine or Liquor or both. I'll liquor and she won't wine on Valentines.

+1
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    Oh this is so true!! Just this morning a news segment came on about cooking a romantic dinner and I told my love, "Oh hell no I ain't cooking on Valentine's Day! I cook everyday." Now... if he decides to cook, I don't mind staying in. He cooks delicious stuff, just that he doesn't cook so often. So I'll know what we'll be eating until the day of. <3
  • Sailor_Moon86
    Sailor_Moon86 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Cheat day! Single mom here so me and my baby girls are making cupcakes, eating Godiva, and Chinese for lunch
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    Hubby and I are going for brunch at a Greek place.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    You couldn't pay me to set foot in a restaurant on Valentine's Day...aka amateur night. No thanks. Overworked kitchen and servers, overpriced special menus, and a bunch of fellow diners who don't get out much...ick.

My husband and I are really not into the Valentine's thing generally but I was planning to buy fresh mussels this weekend as a little treat, and they're a great choice for a special meal if you're watching calories as long as you don't soak up the sauce with half a loaf of bread or anything. I do half chicken broth, half white wine, with a head of whole garlic cloves and lots of fresh herbs. Super easy and delicious.
  • amyleanne_
    amyleanne_ Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Valentine's Day? You mean an evening of Take-Out and The Walking Dead?

Haha yes! Best way to spend the evening!!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    You couldn't pay me to set foot in a restaurant on Valentine's Day...aka amateur night. No thanks. Overworked kitchen and servers, overpriced special menus, and a bunch of fellow diners who don't get out much...ick.

My husband and I are really not into the Valentine's thing generally but I was planning to buy fresh mussels this weekend as a little treat, and they're a great choice for a special meal if you're watching calories as long as you don't soak up the sauce with half a loaf of bread or anything. I do half chicken broth, half white wine, with a head of whole garlic cloves and lots of fresh herbs. Super easy and delicious.

Exactly...I really don't understand how people enjoy themselves out on Vday. The last time my wife and I went out was probably 14 or 15 years ago to one of our favorite restaurants (still is)...they were 45 minutes late seating us for our reservation, the food was sub par when normally it is very good, and we felt like we were being hurried along so they could get the other million people waiting in the lobby a table. No thanks.

We go out about once per month for a date night and nice dinner...don't need to subject ourselves to the Vday madness.
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Options
    I cook every day. I ain't cooking on valentines day. :) A night out where someone else is doing the cooking and cleaning? What's not to enjoy? ;)
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    i cook from scratch dinner every night we are home so i aint cookin NOTHING. probably melting pot but we go there so often it isnt really special