Confused..........

Options
Good Morning!

I've Burned Over 6,000 Calories This Week And Stuck With A 1,200 Calorie A Day Diet And I'm Still Not Losing Weight!

I Did The Same Thing Las Week And Lost 2 Pounds But This Week Nothing!!!!!

I Don't Understand The "Net Calories" Minus The Exercise Calories Thing. Please Help Me Understand What's Going On I'm Only About 15 Pounds Away From My First Goal Weight!

Thanks!!!

Replies

• Cherilea
    Cherilea Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    *bump* Would like to see responses as well.
  • Hellokittysboo
    Options
    I Would Like To See Anything That'll Help Me Lose Weight! =)
  • LaDawn74
    LaDawn74 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    You probably are gaining muscle. That weighs more than fat. Also, are your clothes fitting loosely? You are also loosing inches. Which is just as GOOD as loosing weight if not better.

Mix up your exercise. sometimes your body can get used to it. Also, add more calories. Sometimes eating more calories will make your body burn more calories. I know it doesn't make sense, but I've watched Biggest Loser and I've seen on some of the games they have done, where they had the choice to eat to win the prize, and the one who did it, ended up loosing a LOT more weight that week, then had the previous week.

Are you drinking LOTS of water???? Is your sodium intake low?
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    My biggest piece of advice...STOP WEIGHING YOURSELF! Weight is a terrible measurement of success. Look at it logically. If you are limiting your intake and exercising, to you really think you are gaining fat? During this whole process, we are trying to lose FAT, not weight necessarily.
  • LeeKetty1176
    LeeKetty1176 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    My biggest piece of advice...STOP WEIGHING YOURSELF! Weight is a terrible measurement of success. Look at it logically. If you are limiting your intake and exercising, to you really think you are gaining fat? During this whole process, we are trying to lose FAT, not weight necessarily.

Cant put it any better !

check other things instead ! it a much much better way ! it you are burning big numbers you will be losing fat but gaining mass
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Why do you capitalise the first letter of every word? I'm not criticising or anything, but it seems like a lot of work...

Oh, and I agree with binary_jester.
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options
    Well first of all, I agree with others and use other things to measure your progress besides the scale!

Take your measurements and weigh yourself once a week....the scale may not budge but that could be because you have lost some fat but gained some muscle....the number won't change because you technically weigh the same however clothes may fit you better because you have gained muscle and muscle is denser than fat...and that's what you want!

Also, play around with your calories! If you are dropping below the 1200 mark after your workouts, try eating some of your workout cals back...or even increase your calories up to maybe 1300. It's a bit of trial and error and patience, but you'll figure out what works best for you. Whatever you do, don't give up!

Good luck!! :flowerforyou:
  • Hellokittysboo
    Options
    Why do you capitalise the first letter of every word? I'm not criticising or anything, but it seems like a lot of work...

Oh, and I agree with binary_jester.

Lol It's Just The Way I Type!
  • Alure
    Alure Posts: 30
    Options
    I'd also take progress pictures. I started doing this a couple of months ago and I'm Sooo glad I did. My weight has changed about 9/10ths of a pound in these past two months. My measurements (bust, waist, hips) have more or less stayed the same. What HAS changed (which I wouldn't have known if I was going by scale or even measurements alone are the measurements between my "measurements". We don't measure our entire bodies (and although bust, waist, hips are good indicators of progress) it helps a TON to have a visual record so you can literally see that your efforts are making a difference. =)