why before I got to bed I was 99 lb and in the morning I am 96.7lb or 97 lb

I am confused ...

Replies

• canadianbugga
    canadianbugga Posts: 101 Member
    You weigh less in the morning because when your body
    converts food materials to energy, CO2 and water vapour are released as waste products - and are expelled from the body (that's why when you breath on glass condensation appears). If you think about it - this is happening all night - so a fair amount of water leaves your body. A third of the body's water loss occurs at night - and can amount to about 2 or 3lbs.
  • heidilucia13
    heidilucia13 Posts: 9 Member
    Thanks your answer really help .
  • lisamarie337
    lisamarie337 Posts: 8 Member
    Because of water weight I noe only weigh myself in the am. Cause I kept thinking my weight was going up and down
  • Sandytoes71
    Sandytoes71 Posts: 463 Member
    You weigh less in the morning because when your body
    converts food materials to energy, CO2 and water vapour are released as waste products - and are expelled from the body (that's why when you breath on glass condensation appears). If you think about it - this is happening all night - so a fair amount of water leaves your body. A third of the body's water loss occurs at night - and can amount to about 2 or 3lbs.

hmmmm.............very interesting info. I didn't know this. So, even if you don't urinate before morning, we are still expelling water with our breathing? ?
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Pee the bed much?

Just normal body function and using energy.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    because your body weight fluctuates +/- five pounds over the course of a day ...
  • Scamd83
    Scamd83 Posts: 808 Member
    Fairies are stealing your weight whilst you sleep.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Scamd83 wrote: »
    Fairies are stealing your weight whilst you sleep.

tumblr_mdvkdiZ8r31qzc0gco1_500.gif
  • Scamd83
    Scamd83 Posts: 808 Member
    I actually have one of those as a squeezable stress reliever.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Just weigh yourself once a day if you're a daily weigher, preferably in the morning...
  • jonathantrush
    jonathantrush Posts: 12 Member
    Because it is all water weight. What the person above said also we sweat all the time you're going to lose weight from water and once your food is digested. You can weight up to 5lbs more end of the day. Always weight yourself when you wake up on a empty stomach after the bathroom to give you a reliable reading.