Wanting to lose 15-20lbs by July 1st

Options
Active, into fitness but love to eat! So I'm keeping Calories low and will begin to keep my daily carb intake low too.

When I began this journey a year ago, I weighed 143lbs. Currently, I fluctuate between 120-126, depending on the day. I 'want to' fluctuate between 105-110lbs. This is a good goal, as I am petite so it is actually a healthy body weight for me!

I've had all types of friends in the past with different body types: tall, high metabolism, skinny, athletic, overweight, slow metabolism, but I've found that weight is something most people struggle with, regardless of their size.

Previous Weight: 143lbs 22%BF
Current Weight: 125lbs 17%BF
Goal Weight: 110lbs w/ 10% BF
A total of 15 pounds.

I'm looking for ladies

Replies

• codsterlaing95
    codsterlaing95 Posts: 221 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    You're a female and you want to cut down to 10% bf!!!!???????????? 10% bf on a female is competition levels. You'll look anorexic at 110 lbs.

Re-evaluate your goals. If I were you at 17% bf, I'd be slowly bulking and adding muscle.
  • Alohabeaches
    Alohabeaches Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    It is comp levels, I agree. But it's my own personal goals and also the look I'm going for. I'm only 5'2 & I do not want to look bulky. I've compared my CW height & weight to other fitness girls who've attained it and it's what I want
  • codsterlaing95
    edited February 2016
    Options
    You won't look/get bulky...

You don't have the testosterone that guys have. 10% is not healthy, nor maintainable for girls (unless you're after the anorexic look).

Anyway, it's your body.
  • Alohabeaches
    edited February 2016
    Options
    "If i were at 17% bf I'd be slowly bulking & adding muscle"? Is not the look I want. I've been 103 before. The 40 pounds I gained was excess baby weight. So 110-115lbs is totally reasonable and a healthy weight to get back to for me. My trainer agrees.
  • codsterlaing95
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Btw, how did you have your body fat measured? If it wasn't:

A)DEXA scan
    B)Hydrostatic
    C)Bod Pod

...you can bet it's off.

I'd wager you're still 20%.

Bodyfat_Pics_WOMEN_02_zps4db03886.jpg
  • clarkendra
    clarkendra Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 153lbs. Bmi says I should be at 125 for my height.
  • Glissed
    Glissed Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'd have to agree with the dude.. 10% is rather skinny. Possibly speak with your doctor about this and see if he recommends it depending if your breast feeding or what not. On your way towards this goal tho.. It would be best to loose weight very slowly as to not shock your body into fat gain with the slightest insulin spike. I'm not very knowledgable on the woman body, but i do wish you the best:)
  • Glissed
    Glissed Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Also it is still possibly to be slightly bulky but nowhere as bulky as a guy would get. You girls just don't have that kind of testosterone for protein synthesis.
  • allenalrayes21
    allenalrayes21 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I highly recommend shooting for walking around at 110-115lbs with 13-15% body fat, a slight difference from your goal, but much healthier and just as good of a look. Your weight isn't a problem at all just as long as you can maintain a solid bf % of 13-15 you will look just as you want. Also, in reference to that guy talking about bulking, the term might sound gross but girls don't physically bulk like men do so even if you wanted to get stronger or add more muscle there would be nothing wrong with that.
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    You can't get "bulky." You're a woman. You don't have the testosterone.
  • codsterlaing95
    Options
    If you're really intent on dropping some fat, aim for 15% body fat. That is plenty lean for a female.
  • Alohabeaches
    Options
    @allenalrayes21 yes totally! I set goals much higher (like comp levels) so that if I attain 12-15% I'll still be happy! thanks for the support! :smiley: