Drinking a gallon of water per day

Options
CodyD18
CodyD18 Posts: 161 Member
So a few days ago I noticed that I was drinking a very low amount of water each day. I was having less than 4 cups probably. So I decided to try to start drinking at least a gallon of water a day to see if it makes any difference and I have to say that I feel great! It's kind of hard to explain. I just feel more energized and cleaner.

Has anyone else upped their water intake and noticed a boost in energy?

Replies

• Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    I have too. I drink between 8-13 cups of water a day. I am feeling really good.
  • icerose137
    icerose137 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I've started drinking 24 cups a day. In the past 4 days I've lost 3.5 pounds. Far up from my usual 1lb a week. I'll let you know if it continues.
  • dayzeerock
    dayzeerock Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    My nutritionist says you need to drink 1 cup for every 15 pounds of weight you have....when I stick to this, I feel great!
  • Denita
    Denita Posts: 28
    Options
    I'm with you... the more water I drink the better I feel!! Great job!!
  • Ballybabe1
    Ballybabe1 Posts: 57
    Options
    Yes, definitely, I hardly drank any water apart from what I was getting in my few cups of tea. But since I decided MFP about 6 weeks ago I drink about 2 litres a day and I definitely noticed that I have more energy, that my skin looks better and that I am not as hungry. The real proof was this week, my schedule changed significantly, being on hols and I didnt drink my water and I feel awful, just crap overall without being able to pin point what the problem is so i am convinced its not drinking my water for nearly a week as I had been doing, I am back to work tomorrow and my water bottle is ready to go, I will never go without it anywhere again.
  • CJsoon
    CJsoon Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I AGREE AS WELL I NEVER WAS A SODA TYPE OF PERSON REALLY BUT I USE TO DRINK ALOT I MEAN ALOT OF JUICE AND I DECIDED TO CUT IT OUT COMPLETELY AND ONLY DRINK WATER AND YES YOU ARE 100% RIGHT AND I DONT EVEN REALLY HAVE THE DESIRE TO DRINK JUICE REALLY ANYMORE….
  • Sharrellef
    Options
    I have been doing the same thing for the last month and you are right I have been feeling great! It also helps with weight loss because it helps prevent your body from going into survival/starvation mode. This is when your body starts to retain food and water because you're not getting enough of it. so drinkng more water actually helps you stop retaining water i.e bloating.
  • amarie35
    amarie35 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    My nutritionist says you need to drink 1 cup for every 15 pounds of weight you have....when I stick to this, I feel great!

Cool! I guess I'm drinking plenty enough then. I usually have anywhere between 8 - 14 cups a day! That's good to know though. I've never heard that. Thanks for the info! :bigsmile:
  • CodyD18
    Options
    Wow! I'm glad to see that I'm not just going crazy! I've been using the bathroom a lot lately though... Will that go away? haha
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    This is something I need to work on. I do feel better when I get enough.
  • Mnonan
    Mnonan Posts: 38
    Options
    I read that too. That if your feeling tired, its probably because your body needs water. Water does give you energy. I read that you are suppose to take your weight and divide it by 2. Then thats how many oz. you are suppose to drink.
  • coolsmartygirl
    coolsmartygirl Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I feel bogged down when I need to go to the bathroom after drinking a lot, but after I do I feel sooo energentic. I am on the road to drinking nine cups right now, with six cups down so far.
  • errbellyq51
    Options
    I never used to drink any water; always Coca Cola or beer. Since I started this diet, I try to drink a much H2O as I can, but I usually find it hard to get a half gallon downed per day, but I agree: I haven't felt this good in years. I hadn't realized how de-hydrated I actually was every day, but it's painfully obvious now. Kudos to you and keep up the good work!:drinker:
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    I aim to drink a half of gallon to a gallon of water a day.
  • coolsmartygirl
    coolsmartygirl Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Wow! I'm glad to see that I'm not just going crazy! I've been using the bathroom a lot lately though... Will that go away? haha

I wish I could become a camel and not have to go a ton, but so far I have been doing this for about a week and it hasn't changed.
  • dont_give_up
    dont_give_up Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I have never been a water drinker....had to be really thirsty for it. I put some lemon in it, and now that's all I drink. I don't know if I could drink a gallon in one day!
  • CodyD18
    Options

I wish I could become a camel and not have to go a ton, but so far I have been doing this for about a week and it hasn't changed.

Man... Well I hope it does change... at least a little haha.
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    I try to drink several pints. I don't actually keep track, but I'll down a 32oz water bottle about every hour or every other hour.
  • babydull
    babydull Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I don't really know about US measurements, but I've been upping my water intake (from basically coffees and 'sodas' only) to 2 litres a day. I feel much more awake than I did with the caffeine (though I've not completely cut those yet anyway...still need a big kickstart in the morning!).
  • chellekoren
    chellekoren Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Well, I've always been a water drinker. Main reason is my mom had two choices unsweet iced tea or water when growing up. I chose water. So it is just my go to drink for when I'm thirsty. Anyway, I've noticed than on a day when I go overboard on the soda, I feel terrible. The next day I will drink a lot and basically flush it all out and feel instantly better.