heart rate monitors- suggestions???

Options
Hey ya'll- Im in the market for a new heart rate monitor and I have no idea where to begin!!! Does anyone have one that they absolutely love? If so, why? and how much did you pay for it?? I want one that counts the calories, too. Any and all suggestions greatly appreciated!!! :-)

Replies

• timeforachange2011
    Options
    polar ft4...I love it! I got it on sale at Sears a few weekends ago..:) It has a chest strap and I feel like it's pretty accurate.
  • timeforachange2011
    Options
    oh it cost around $80 on sale.
  • knovak77
    knovak77 Posts: 3
    Options
    I have a polar FT7... I've never had any problems with it... but I use it very infrequently, mostly because I never think to put it on until I'm already at the gym. I don't usually wear a watch so I get a little distracted when I have it on. Also, it's not very pretty... I think it was about 90$.
  • lotty1987
    lotty1987 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Hiya I have a polar FT40 it is pretty ( a bit girly as well ) counts calories I got it from amazon for about £55 it does a fitness test also ! x any more you need to know just msg me x
  • Denita
    Denita Posts: 28
    Options
    I agree... the polor ft4 is great! I just got mine a week ago and I love it!!
  • MissMandy1010
    MissMandy1010 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone! I appreciate the help... :-)
  • BJC78
    BJC78 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Polar ft4! Got mine on sale last week for 69.99. Im in love with it and it love the fact I can use it in the pool!!!
  • austepants
    austepants Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I have a polar FT7 and I am very happy with it. The chest strap is comfy as well as easy to clean and the watch part is easy to use. I got mine on Amazon for $110 free shipping.
  • _Khaleesi_
    _Khaleesi_ Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    This may seem like a dumb question... but these all come with chest straps and watches right??
  • bob_t
    bob_t Posts: 12
    Options
    most come with chest straps. there's also a watch that you can just touch your finger to, and it will give you your heart rate. But to me, that's not much better than just sticking your finger on your neck every once and a while.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Polar Ft7(Or anything Polar really!). I love my FT7.. so easy to set up and use. I only paid 79.99 on drugstore.com for it.

Also steer clear of Timex.. Way over estimates on the calories!