Motivation needed with current loss

Hi all!

I am on week 10 of my weight loss, with a total of 22.2 pounds down, 16.5 inches. My starting weight was 223.6, and I am currently at 201.4. I am 5'9 with an athletic build

My question is, when will I and others begin to notice these changes? I am very happy I am at a 22.2 loss, but I am getting discouraged because its not that noticeable yet. I can't imagine losing that much and not noticing!

It is hard to stay encouraged when ya can't tell all the hard work you are putting in!

Words of wisdom?

Replies

• kristieshannon
    kristieshannon Posts: 160 Member
    Are you wearing a smaller size, or are your current clothes looser? Is your endurance increased? Compare before & after photos, I bet you see a difference. 22.2lbs down is awesome! Keep up the good work!
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Are you taking progress photos and doing side by side comparisons? You and people you see every day or very regularly might not see it but it can be really apparent in a photo.

People also didn't really register how overweight I was so it took some people a little longer to notice because of that.

And finally, some people are very respectful and don't want to comment just in case you don't want to talk about it or the losses aren't deliberate (stress/life event/illness).
  • piggysmalls333
    piggysmalls333 Posts: 450 Member
    That's amazing!!! You have done such a great job already! Honestly once I hit the 40lb mark was when I really noticed a big difference. I am also on the taller side and I think taller gals somehow hide the fat better? Please don't be discouraged - you should be very proud of yourself of that you've done already. Keep it up! The best is yet to come. :)
  • PinkCuda13
    PinkCuda13 Posts: 11 Member
    Thanks everyone!

My clothes are looser, so that's a plus. Just gotta keep going! I am just waiting on that "wow" moment that everyone gets at some point.

My goal is to lose 48 total pounds, so we will see!

Thanks for the kind words :smile:
  • piggysmalls333
    piggysmalls333 Posts: 450 Member
    You can see my full progression pics here and you will see what I mean - you can really see my face and silhouette noticeably change after 40lb loss: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10333045/progression-pics-of-my-44lb-loss-over-1-year-and-preview-of-my-valentines-day-dress#latest
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 28,053 Member
    Your weight loss won't be as noticeable in stretchy pants, but are you down a size in jeans?

It's hard for you to notice your own weight loss, but what about people who haven't seen you since 22 pounds ago?
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 28,053 Member
    PinkCuda13 wrote: »
    Thanks everyone!

My clothes are looser, so that's a plus. Just gotta keep going! I am just waiting on that "wow" moment that everyone gets at some point.

My goal is to lose 48 total pounds, so we will see!

Thanks for the kind words :smile:

So 26 more pounds? I'm curious if you're now eating more calories/have a less aggressive weight loss goal than 2 pounds a week.
  • SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    People generally notice but don't say anything for fear of coming across like they are saying you were/are overweight. Also if its people you see every day, they aren't gonna notice a slow change as much as someone that you haven't seen in a while.

• Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Also, it helps to have non-weight loss related goals. Mile times, 5k times, weight lifted, endurance, flexibility ...