Daniel 21 day diet

Options
Anyone know anything about the Daniel diet? A man at the gym got fantastic results! There's no animal products on this. I lift and wonder if I would lose muscle!!!

Replies

• Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    The Daniel fast isn't a diet. It's a religious exercise where one fasts from all food except bitter vegetables as a demonstration of self denial and consecration unto God.

ETA and yes, eating nothing but bitter vegetables would most likely lead to muscle/strength loss, not to mention extreme intestinal distress.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Wow, really?
  • Ironandruns
    Ironandruns Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    Thanks!

You're welcome!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    The Daniel fast isn't a diet. It's a religious exercise where one fasts from all food except bitter vegetables as a demonstration of self denial and consecration unto God.

ETA and yes, eating nothing but bitter vegetables would most likely lead to muscle/strength loss, not to mention extreme intestinal distress.

Yes and no.

danielplan.com
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    So it's the Denial Diet?

Eat whatever way you want for religious purposes. It will be hard, because it's supposed to.

For weight loss and good health, though, you need a varied and balanced diet that creates a sustained calorie deficit. For sustained calorie deficit, you need to eat in a way you can sustain. Can you sustain the Denial Diet?
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan of Daniel only because his story is my example of the first controlled experiment. #researchlife
  • Ironandruns
    Ironandruns Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I eat a balanced diet. Lower carb than most! I workout a lot! The guy at the gym that does the Daniel diet looks amazing! I think I will stay with what does good for me!!!
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    I eat a balanced diet. Lower carb than most! I workout a lot! The guy at the gym that does the Daniel diet looks amazing! I think I will stay with what does good for me!!!

Marvelous idea!!