Ladies!! Fashion advice is needed♡

Options
Where do you shop for stylish workout clothing?
I really like Alo Yoga, but the issue is one pair of pants there is 95 dollars!
So i was just wondering where you shop for cute workout clothes that wont hurt the bank!
Thanks!♡

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    TJ Maxx, Marshalls...
    I do treat myself to Lululemon once in awhile though.
  • CassidyScaglione
    CassidyScaglione Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Value Village.... that's right. I can buy 9 pairs of pants for the price of your one.
  • arditarose
    Options
    Value Village.... that's right. I can buy 9 pairs of pants for the price of your one.

That's nice
  • niniundlapin
    niniundlapin Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    TJ Maxx (or any similar store) is definitely a great place to get good quality workout outfit without hurting too much for your monthly budget! I also found online stores a good place to go for functional workout clothing. I'd actually go with brand names not just for their design (of course this is subjective :P ) but function for greater comfort and safety.

I usually go to their "sale" sessions without second thought though (original price is still too much... to be honest). I got a pair of PUMA compression pants last year during those holiday sales for about $30 and can't go back to my old sweatpants with no compression...
  • VegeLover
    VegeLover Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    2nd hand stores in nice neighborhood
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    I love Kate Hudson's line, Fabletics. Also, the sale section of Sports Authority online (I have a thing for Prana, but it's pricy).
  • arditarose
    Options
    Psychgrrl wrote: »
    I love Kate Hudson's line, Fabletics. Also, the sale section of Sports Authority online (I have a thing for Prana, but it's pricy).

I was wondering about Fabletics. You have to have a membership or something? Quality is good? How does it compare to some other popular brands?
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Goodwill
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    For Fabletics, you sign up and if you don't want one of the (many) outfits of the month at a discounted price, you click "no outft." If you don't order something by the 5th of the month, they bill you $49.95 and you can use the credit later. I just put a reminder in my calendar. When you buy an outfit, you can buy whatever else at the member price. I think the prices are excellent for the quality.

I love the stuff and get lots of compliments when I wear it at the gym and otherwise. Very creative, but functional styles (performance fabrics, ventilation). They have great details about the products (modesty cups, bra support, fit) that really help when buying. I've found the sizing to be very consistent. Very, very happy with all my purchases. And I've bought a lot. I undergrew my workout gear. Kinda hard to run on the treadmill if you're having to hold up your pants and your undies while you run. :grimace:

I've had no split seams, everything washes well (cold, delicate cycle) and holds its shape. I disliked compression pants, but have bought a lot from Fabletics in a couple styles. I like them now!
  • arditarose
    Options
    For Fabletics, you sign up and if you don't want one of the (many) outfits of the month at a discounted price, you click "no outft." If you don't order something by the 5th of the month, they bill you $49.95 and you can use the credit later. I just put a reminder in my calendar. When you buy an outfit, you can buy whatever else at the member price. I think the prices are excellent for the quality.

I love the stuff and get lots of compliments when I wear it at the gym and otherwise. Very creative, but functional styles (performance fabrics, ventilation). They have great details about the products (modesty cups, bra support, fit) that really help when buying. I've found the sizing to be very consistent. Very, very happy with all my purchases. And I've bought a lot. I undergrew my workout gear. Kinda hard to run on the treadmill if you're having to hold up your pants and your undies while you run. :grimace:

I've had no split seams, everything washes well (cold, delicate cycle) and holds its shape. I disliked compression pants, but have bought a lot from Fabletics in a couple styles. I like them now!

Thank you for that review. I was just looking at the website. I'm really curious now. I just find that I'm a bit picky with fabrics because my legs and butt are so thick, some are better at smoothing the cellulite and I can't tell what it will feel like until I try them on. I might give them a try though.
  • ElizabethOakes2
    ElizabethOakes2 Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    I'm the discount queen. If I can't find it at DD's or Ross, I go to Kohl's. My only real expense in the fitness wear department is sports bras.
  • alisakorneyeva
    alisakorneyeva Posts: 39 Member
    Options

I was really waiting for someone to mention this! I think I might give them a try when I get all my new ski gear that I need to buy (: your review was really helpful!
  • alisakorneyeva
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

That's nice

Though that is nice, what about the quality and the style? What are your thoughts on that because my 95 dollar alo yoga pants are a GORGEOUS style and fit. Ill post a link to it in a second! But it is pricey, and as the above posts mentioned, fabletics seems to have good quality?
    I dont know! What are your thoughts? (:
  • alisakorneyeva
    Options
    http://www.aloyoga.com/women/w5434r-moto-legging
    These are the leggings I was talking about, in case anyone was wondering!
  • SisterSueGetsFit
    SisterSueGetsFit Posts: 1,211 Member
    Options
    My local consignment shop. You wouldn't believe the number of expensive workout clothes in perfect shape the people get rid of. I just bought a brand new pair of leggings/workout pants by Liz Claiborne Weekend line yesterday for $12.00. They always have a Lululemon also, but I'm still a little chubby for them.
  • ARGriffy
    ARGriffy Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    Sports direct online. USA pro is crazy cheap!
  • katkiv22
    katkiv22 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm a sucker for under armour and north face! I'm also cheap so I browse a lot of clearance racks :) Alo is an awesome brand, it's really high quality so you are definitely getting what you pay for with it.
  • tnm7760
    tnm7760 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I find some good stuff on sale at Old Navy. I prefer printed leggings, as they disguise cellulite more than plain black or plain colors. I also like theirs because they have high rise which sucks everything in. And the "compression" label usually means they're thicker and allow for less jiggles, so find stuff that has that label :o:D

I just bought a royal blue/black printed pair from Costco. Not sure of the brand though. $15 and I liked them a lot.
  • samchez0
    samchez0 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I get most of my stuff at wal Mart. Tres chic lol
  • yourhiddengem
    yourhiddengem Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    You can get brand name stuff at marshals. I go there all the time