Had surgery on my wisdom teeth

Options
Lost weight with surgery after finally gaining now I'm starting all over again

Replies

• Fuzzipeg
    Fuzzipeg Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    I hope the soreness from the surgery soon passes. I hope it will not take very long for you to get back into the routine you had which made your earlier achievements possible. I hope you find your mouth is much more comfortable than it had been for months may be years so it make things easier for you. I had my wisdom teeth (all of them) out in stages many many years ago and I still remember. All the very best, you will get there.
  • mjwarbeck
    mjwarbeck Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I was lucky...wisdom teeth out on Saturday. Ate normally within 24 hours.
  • mixa4u
    mixa4u Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Got extracted my wisdom yesterday, freaking pain during night, but blending nuts for calories and w/o today, don't make excuses !!!
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    Full fat cottage cheese!!! Blended homemade mass gainers
  • jennahudson01
    jennahudson01 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Lost weight with surgery after finally gaining now I'm starting all over again

Stop !! I just got mine out and I'm scared I'm gonna ruin my surplus diet !! Been buying soups high in protein and drinking protein shakes to try and prevent weight loss
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    If you find yourself in pain for longer than expected, go back. I had significant pain for 6weeks after having mine out. The surgeon had a look and said I had actually been cleaning the sites too much, washing away the new tissue trying to grow. He also changed my pain meds and I was able to eat more normally. Eating soup, yogurt, oatmeal, etc.. helped when chewing was difficult. Sucking through a straw was not recommended, so I could have warm lattes with protein powder, just sipping it from the cup.
  • Lakishiascottray
    Lakishiascottray Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Yep i had to go back...all btr now and ready to get my weight back lol...sorry for the late response!
  • Lakishiascottray
    Lakishiascottray Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    mixa4u wrote: »
    Got extracted my wisdom yesterday, freaking pain during night, but blending nuts for calories and w/o today, don't make excuses !!!

Had complications with mines but im back on track now
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    I'm just curious how much weight you lost. When I had mine pulled a few years ago, I caught a game of baseball that night with only a little discomfort from wearing a catchers mask. I don't recall even losing my appetite.