30 pounds in 4 months?

Options
Is it possible???? Safely too?

I have a get together with family i haven't seen in so long. They remember me as the 'skinny ' one. I want to get back to that as close as I can.

I'd like to know if it is safe to do that?

Replies

• Erica92627
    Options
    Is it possible???? Safely too?

I have a get together with family i haven't seen in so long. They remember me as the 'skinny ' one. I want to get back to that as close as I can.

I'd like to know if it is safe to do that?
  • alyfin
    alyfin Posts: 103
    Options
    It is safe to lose 1-2lbs per week. If you aim for 2 a week that is just over 30 lbs in 4 months. BUT - it is difficult to do that safely. Eat healthy, drink lots of water and exercise regularly and you may be able to maintain a loss of 2 lbs a week.

Good luck!
  • michelleisfit
    michelleisfit Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    When I first started losing weight I dropped about 30lbs in just over 3 months. Yes, it was fast, but I think I did it pretty healthy. I hit the gym twice a day (early morning and evening), ate at least 2,000 calories a day, and drank a ton of water. My body wasn't used to exercise at all so I guess I just shocked my body. After that initial weightloss, the last 35lbs came off slower and now I'm trying to just get the last 11lbs off.

Weightlifting really transformed the way I look as well. So don't forget to pump some iron!
  • Jessieb1031
    Options
    I just started on december 6 08 and to date i have lost around 20 pounds. i'm a heavy gal so i'm assuming its because i have lots to lose that its coming off so fast. i drink TONS of water every day and have completely changed the way i eat and the way i look at food. before this would grossly over eat and not even give it a second thought now i have timed meals and i verly closely watch my portions. my doctor has put me on a 1600 to 1800 calorie a day diet. my first official weigh in was on the 8th and he was amazed. he actually warned me against losing weight too fast! first time in my entire LIFE have i ever heard a doctor tell me to not lose weight so fast lol.
  • heyjude78
    heyjude78 Posts: 160
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Good job Jessie!