Thoughts on women taking creatine

Options
Is this really a necessary supplement or can the same results be obtained through normal nutrition/exercise?

Replies

• bellaa_x0
    bellaa_x0 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    i take it.. personally, i like it. it helps with endurance and i love the pump i get.
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong but with it at all. You already receive creatine in your diet, now you can just get more benefits from supplementing it(: unless you have a condition where it would affect you, you're good to go(:
  • robynjangelidis
    robynjangelidis Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My trainer said that creatine stores water in your muscles and can cause weight gain.
  • DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,643 Member
    Options
    My trainer said that creatine stores water in your muscles and can cause weight gain.

That is true, but at most it will be a few pounds and provided you stay adequately hydrated, it will dissipate over a short period of time.
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options

Weight gain, but not fat gain. Look in the mirror and not on the scale when it comes to increase on weight from creatine. Your body will also adjust to it.
  • bellaa_x0
    bellaa_x0 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options

"creatine pulls water from other parts of the body to flood the muscles, giving them a fuller appearance"
    bodybuilding.com/fun/safe_effective_creatine.htm

this is why you need to ensure to stay hydrated as has already been mentioned.

honestly it will be a very minor "gain" if any... i'm taking mine while cutting and having no issues.
  • robingmurphy
    robingmurphy Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I started taking creatine a week and a half ago, and I've put on a couple pounds that I'm pretty sure are water weight because my measurements have decreased. I don't mind putting on pounds of water when I'm still losing fat. I do believe it's helping me increase my weight lifting quicker by giving me more power.
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    that is one part of creatine. It also increases set recovery time through increased ATP levels. Increases in strength and resistance to muscle damage. It's also been used in treating Alzheimer's do to its benefits for mental cognitition. Water weight means nothing, it's quite literally water, not fat. Also if your trainer knew anything he'd tell you it doesn't occur in everyone nor does it affect everyone to the same levels. It's an incredible supplement that Id recommend to anyone looking to increase their health.

• Splitbygreg
    Splitbygreg Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I like it. Scale will be misleading of course as I have found I hold more water weight while taking it. It's cool though and cheap as hell so ya might as well. But it makes the muscles look fuller and helps with endurance in the gym, oh and everyone loves a good pump. All my personal experience, so if this doesn't match broscience or some nutrition expert please don't crucify my opinion ha
  • corgicake
    corgicake Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    Creatine is part of the body's quickly accessed energy stores. It's a part of protein, and not even an "essential" part of protein that must be eaten - bodies can make it from other amino acids. Do bodies create less and/or break down creatine into its building blocks in order to bring supply in line with need? Possibly, but I haven't read anything concrete either way.
  • Larissa_NY
    Larissa_NY Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    So how much does it help with endurance, in the experience of people here who take it? Because endurance is my weakest point. I can do singles, triples, and sets of 3, but sets of 5 make me want to die no matter how light the weight is. I'd like to be able to fit more into a workout but I just get gassed so easily.
  • robingmurphy
    robingmurphy Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Creatine doesn't help endurance. It helps initial power and strength.