motivation needed....

Options
Hi, I've been a member of myfitnesspal for a few months but don't generally make any posts. Mostly I just enter and record my food and exercise. I have been fighting to lose around 10 lbs every since February of this year. I keep going back and forth. I had lost a few lbs, then I had to have surgery which put me behind again, then I got back on track working out and monitoring my foods about a month ago. I always seem to sabotage myself and eat foods that aren't good for me. :( I keep pushing myself to work out, which I enjoy doing, but then the junk food always seems to win.

Any advice and encouragment is greatly appreciated.

Replies

• fitaliciag
    fitaliciag Posts: 373
    Options
    all i can say is.....everyone struggles. just think about how bad you want it, and then make it happen! you can do it! plus, once you start to see even the slightest improvement in your body and overall feel-goodness :) then you are motivated to do more!!

keep at it and you will get to where you want to be :)
  • nenabug
    nenabug Posts: 156
    Options
    Don't give up! It's not fun having to work and fight, but it's always ALWAYS worth it. I wish I had something profound to share, but remember to try one day at a time. Sometimes it's one hour at a time depending on the day, but I have reminders of what I'm working towards easily accessible so that I can see them visually and it helps me snap back. Try replacing thoughts about eating junk food with something else productive. It's hard at first, but you'll get to where it's second nature. You'll get there! The last 10 lbs are the hardest.
  • nikkih_89
    nikkih_89 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Try your best to stay focused. It's ok to have a sweet thing here and there but be sure to get the sugar free stuff. Check the labels. If its something your really shouldn't be having keep looking for something that's satisfying but still doable for your food diary that you won't regret. Keep your head up. This is not only a physical change but mental as well. It's a challenge but you CAN do it :)