Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

greasy foods and nausea

My husband and mother in law wanted pork sausage and fried eggs for dinner so i made it. I have no problem making them their food. Usually. The sight and smell of it cooking made me so nauseous i thought i was gonna throw up. I'm sitting outside and is 29 degrees just to get away from it for a few minutes. Definitely NOT a temptation anymore. Anybody else ever have this happen?

Replies

• msmcnew4christ
    msmcnew4christ Posts: 4 Member
    I've been eating clean for almost a month now. Hoping it's not gonna happen (nausea) every time i cook them stuff :(
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    I lost a bit of weight when I first moved to New York City. I didn't eat anything fried or very fatty. When I would have something like that, I would get a little sick because I never ate it.

Now, I feel so alive when I eat something fatty!
  • McKittyJane
    McKittyJane Posts: 143 Member
    For me, not really. When i get in the habit of eating good "clean" foods, greasy or fatty foods still taste amazing when eaten, but they dont satisfy me; almost like i feel a little upset that i ate fast food instead of vegatables and healthy and freshly prepared meals.
    I still like unhealthy food, but its just not as good when i know there's better food i could get.
  • Melzine
    Melzine Posts: 187 Member
    I had the same experience when I fried chicken and French fries for a big gathering of 30 people. I was sick for a couple of days. All I could eat was crackers and drink Sprite.
  • myfavoriteyear
    myfavoriteyear Posts: 31 Member
    Many times I'm discouraged from eating greasy food just because I know how crappy it's going to make me feel afterwards. A good thing.
  • CollieFit
    CollieFit Posts: 1,683 Member
    The same for me. Too much grease makes me really unwell now.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    i don't eat "clean," by any definition whatever it is. so bring on the grease!
  • jpswfe
    jpswfe Posts: 40 Member
    I ate 2 slices of pizza yesterday for lunch and I felt bloated all afternoon. And I can't eat fast food burgers anymore which is a bummer. But at the same time I'm glad I know this because that food doesn't satisfy me anymore either. But pizza. I still love pizza anyway. I just know I can't eat it often.
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,393 Member
    Smells put me over the edge. You're not alone.
  • sassygirl711
    sassygirl711 Posts: 4 Member
    greasy food smells really bother me, too.
    even walking by a restaurant with overly smelly grease venting out is not great. it's not unusual, I guess.