Any die hard smoothie fans?

Options
Is there any die hard smoothie fans I mean any members that have a smoothie everyday. I just got a nutribullet and want to have a smoothie for every breakfast to help getting more veggies and fruit in my diet. If any members do can you please share your recipes with me. Thanks

Replies

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I've had a smoothie everyday for lunch for over a year, you'd think I'd be sick of them by now, but I still look forward to it :smile: I also have a nutribullet. My diary is open if you want to take a look.
  • meerkatable
    meerkatable Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm not die-hard yet, but I just started making my own, too! Personally, I've been going the frozen fruit route because it's easier on my wallet and it doesn't go to waste as quickly. This has made it a little difficult to find recipes I can actually use without needing to go out and buy a bunch of new ingredients, but I've found this website helpful:

http://therelaxnation.com/2012/02/fruit-smoothie-basics-how-to-make-your-own-healthy-blend/#sthash.2CjMOp5M.6gJSc09I.dpbs

It's a guide to building a smoothie from whatever ingredients you want and it goes by "parts" instead of specific amounts, so you don't have to end up with six cups of smoothie, haha. I'm a fan of adding flaxseed and honey, too.
  • yourhiddengem
    yourhiddengem Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Yes. I make the same smoothie all the time (because I love it and I'm too lazy to try new ones):
    1 banana (or a half banana if the banana is very ripe)
    1 cup frozen blueberries
    1 cup almond milk
    1 scoop protein powder

This smoothie is my life force. I hate that it's winter because I'm cold all the time and even colder because I refuse to give up drinking smoothies.
  • KellyColeman88
    KellyColeman88 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have at least one smoothie/shake a day! I really love green smoothies, but I'll put two of my favorites below!

1 cup unsweetend vanilla almond milk
    1 cup water
    1 Banana (or half a ripe banana) OR 1/4 cup Pumpkin Puree
    Cinnamon to taste
    1 Tbsp Ground Flaxseed
    2 Tbsp Rolled Oats
    2 Scoops Vanilla Protein

1 cup unsweetend vanilla almond milk
    1 cup water
    1 Tbsp Ground Flaxseed
    2 Scoops Chocolate Protein
    1 Tbsp PB2
    2-3 Cups Spinach
    1/4-1/2 Avocado
  • Madelinec117
    Madelinec117 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I love smoothies in the morning. I use one frozen banana, 4 oz unsweetened almond milk and 1 scoop of protein powder. Sometimes I add a little spinach to it. I buy the bananas by the bag when I see them reduced at the store and freeze them pealed and in individual bags to use as needed.
  • fjellrev
    fjellrev Posts: 5,078 Member
    Options
    Lately, I've been having smoothies for breakfast. Usually along the lines of:

1 frozen banana
    50-60g frozen blueberries/raspberries
    150-200ml coconut milk
    125-150ml water or cold brewed tea
    40g protein powder
    2g matcha powder if I don't add cold brewed tea

Just play around and see what works and tastes good for you.
  • rattiemomma
    rattiemomma Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I loooooooooooove my NutriBullet! I started by pinning a bunch of ideas on Pinterest. I just plop the NB blending cup right on my food scale so I can measure everything. When I hit on something extra-delicious, I write out all the ingredients and weights and stick it in the fridge so I can make it again easily and quickly.

I use nearly all frozen ingredients, except for the Greek yogurt and almond milk. I even freeze avocados and produce that is about to turn for later blending. I like adding things like flaxseed, hemp, and protein powder but I usually end up being stingey with my calories. But I use enough protein, fiber, and fat in the smoothies, anyway, so I am full for hours.
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    Fruit protein smoothie/ fluff is my go to for late night hunger and cravings!!!(:
  • LushFix
    LushFix Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I've had a smoothie everyday for lunch for over a year, you'd think I'd be sick of them by now, but I still look forward to it :smile: I also have a nutribullet. My diary is open if you want to take a look.

Totally going to take a peek. I just got a nutri bullet a few days ago. Want idea. THANKS haha
  • Christine_72
    Options
    LushFix wrote: »

Totally going to take a peek. I just got a nutri bullet a few days ago. Want idea. THANKS haha

Just be aware, today was a higher calorie than usual smoothie :lol:

• stickersticker
    stickersticker Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I drink 4 cups of spinach a day blended with water and cocnut milk. It's aweful..
  • Michael190lbs
    Michael190lbs Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options
    Yep Love Ketchup the original smoothie
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I love my Nutribullet and my smoothies! But I find them too sweet for breakfast, and I normally eat a lot of fresh fruit, so that smoothies become my backup plan while at the same time a very nice treat.

The basis is 100 grams frozen banana slices and 100 grams whole milk. Alternatives:
    1 tbs peanut butter or hazelnut butter, 1 ts cocoa powder
    80 grams strawberries or blueberries
    Rind and juice of 1/2 lime
  • anjajacobs10
    anjajacobs10 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I've been drinking a green smoothie for breakfast every morning. It's awesome! I feel really energized and have cut coffee out of my morning routine. Simplegreensmoothies.com has some great free recipes. The basic recipe is 1 cup liquid (almond milk, coconut water, water, etc.), 1 cup greens (spinach, kale, etc.), 1.5 cups fruit (fresh or frozen), and any boosters you want to add (protein powder, chia seeds, almond butter, etc).
    I have a vitamix and make 2 servings at once since they blend better in the larger blender. Then I just keep one in the fridge for the next day. You can also freeze them.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    I typically have one per day (nutribullet as well). I find it's a great way to help get in the fruits, veg, and fibre, as well as some added iron. I usually start with half the cup (the big one) of spinach, then add on any fruit (strawberry, banana, mango, blueberry, raspberry, or a combination), add in chia seeds and protein powder. If I need to do lower cal to fit the day, rather than fruit I have used celery, cucumber, tomato, and/or bell peppers. There are plenty of options, but I'm usually only half alive first thing in the morning, so I'm a bit of a creature of habit for that time of the day.
  • paige_mcalpin
    paige_mcalpin Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I love smoothies, I have one every morning.
    1C- Unsweetened Almond Milk
    1Tbsp- hemp seeds
    1 handful- Spinach
    1 scoop- chocolate Protein
    1-Banana
    1 Tbsp- PB2

• Christine_72
    Options
    Just wondering why people choose hemp seed over chia or flax?
  • forrest360
    forrest360 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    The nutribullet is my jam! Best investment to up your vegetable intake. What i do is fill it with either spinach or a kale spinach blend, 3 to 4 cups, then 1 banana. After is kind of an experiment. I usually put half an apple and some frozen berries and a scoop or two of plain greek yogurt. I use a cup or so of water or almond milk.

Two things I've learned after using for over a year. If you fill the bullet so far up that it's hard to get the blade on make sure to not run the blender for over a minute. I just blend 30 seconds on 30 seconds off. Second thing is that raw beets are great in a smoothie!
  • Cheri1218
    Cheri1218 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Recently I have loved using frozen mandarin oranges.
    No matter what fruit I use, I always add spinach (swear I never taste it), Greek yogurt, protein powder, and usually half a frozen banana.
    I have used a Ninja since the first of the year, almost every day. Haven't gotten tired of it yet because I can throw in different combinations every day. Apples, banana and peanut butter, strawberries, peaches... Pretty much anything. And always with frozen fruit.
  • ZRx4
    ZRx4 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I drink 4 cups of spinach a day blended with water and cocnut milk. It's aweful..

I go pretty plain too...

8 oz coconut water
    3-4 cups super greens (freeze them, they'll last longer)
    1/2 cup blueberries
    Half a cucumber
    Fresh ginger
    Chunk of lemon

Not super sweet, but still good.