Looking for friends to get started on a health/fitness kick!

Options
I'm a former collegiate athlete and really miss being in the best shape of my life. Work and grad school have taken up so much time that I lost my routine so I need some motivation to get it back! It would be really great to know others who want to do the same:)

Replies

• NicoleS16
    NicoleS16 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey girl I'm in the same boat! Former college softball player and then real life hit after graduation. I've been SLOWLY going for a year but trying to kick it in gear now. It's a tough journey but you can do it! You're definitely not alone :)
  • kec_15
    kec_15 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Awesome! It's nice to know you aren't alone. Leaving a sport is a tough transition!
  • MommaMonkeyNgo
    MommaMonkeyNgo Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Former wrestler here, kinda makes these extra 40lb a harder hit knowing I how important weight is in my sport.
  • kec_15
    Options
    @MommaMonkeyNgo of course! I've been told weight is a key aspect in that sport. Just gotta stay dedicated!
  • kec_15
    Options
    Needing some motivation to get back into that gym routine; comment here if you feel the same and we can all help each other out!
  • Justn7883
    Justn7883 Posts: 4,764 Member
    Options
    Howdy :)
  • kec_15
    Options
    Haha howdy to you as well!
  • Burger2066
    Burger2066 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Former college hockey player here. Trying to get back out there...but it has been a while. Skating tomorrow for the first time since my last knee injury. It is getting close!
  • kec_15
    Options
    @Burger2066 that's awesome! I have a friend who played hockey in college as well, it's tough! Should feel nice finally getting back out there
  • kec_15
    Options
    @NicoleS16 that's awesome! I had some friends on the softball team at my school. Tough sport!
  • lions32
    lions32 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Former college basketball player...feel free to add!
  • angelamichelle_xo
    angelamichelle_xo Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    i'm not on a health 'kick' more of just...a new way of life.
    feel free to add me though.
  • youknowjo
    youknowjo Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    i'm not on a health 'kick' more of just...a new way of life.
    feel free to add me though.

• youknowjo
    youknowjo Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Shoot I gained 40 pounds after getting out of school sports 2 years ago. Got hooked on caffeine and other unhealthy food and strayed away from my clean eating diet. Right now I look nasty lol but I know I can get my body back !!!! 19 yrs old still in my prime
  • Kaylee_Girl21
    Kaylee_Girl21 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hello there! Haven't really played sports in years, but I am totally looking for some friends on here to keep the motivation flowing! Hope you are having a lovely evening, girl! Feel free to add me, and that goes for anyone else as well! :)
  • kec_15
    Options
    Awesome! Extra motivation is always nice! :)
  • kec_15
    Options
    Hello there! Haven't really played sports in years, but I am totally looking for some friends on here to keep the motivation flowing! Hope you are having a lovely evening, girl! Feel free to add me, and that goes for anyone else as well! :)

Feel free to add :)
  • NicoleS16
    NicoleS16 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    kec_15 wrote: »
    @NicoleS16 that's awesome! I had some friends on the softball team at my school. Tough sport!
    It was definitely a ton of running at my school! So, I'm trying to get back that speed and endurance as I shed some more pounds. How often do you guys go to the gym? I love the outdoors so much more than a treadmill but it's freezing outside, so I gotta suck it up haha
  • kec_15
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Ahh I've been lucky with weather, I'm in Texas so it hasn't been colder than 60° in weeks! I usually just go on long runs and do calisthenics at the house cause I can't afford a gym membership right now @NicoleS16
  • RNZLR44
    RNZLR44 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Anyone needing motivation and encouragement in your journey feel free to add me:)