I'm a yoyo dieter in need of some motivation I suffer from constant dizziness so it's not easy

Options
I've been big ever since I can remember I'm a yoyo dieter I lose weight then I gain it back again

Replies

• jpp3184
    jpp3184 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. Good during the week bad during weekends
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Dizziness? What is causing that?
  • 2012retiree
    2012retiree Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Been yo yo many, many times. Hopefully with MFP and avoid triggers it will be a lasting journey. Keep trying and you'll feel better and loss will be lasting. I'm down 71 lbs. now and most weight and longest I've ever stayed on track. Good eating to you.
  • katielouiseroe
    katielouiseroe Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi rocknut53 they don't really know what's causing it they just keep blaming it on migraines but I know myself it's more than that but hey you can't argue with the "professionals"
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Pick a reasonable weight loss goal per week which is sustainable and the yoyoing will stop.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10257474/starting-out-restarting-basics-inside/p1
  • katielouiseroe
    Options
    Thanks for sharing that Hun it makes perfect sense ☺️ queenliz99
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Hi rocknut53 they don't really know what's causing it they just keep blaming it on migraines but I know myself it's more than that but hey you can't argue with the "professionals"

Have they checked for inner ear problems?
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I've been big ever since I can remember I'm a yoyo dieter I lose weight then I gain it back again

I suffer with labrynthtitus so you have my sympathy with the dizziness. Are you on any medication for it? I'm only asking because one type cinnarazine (sp?) was awful for me and I'd over eat when I was on it and became very tired also.

Stick with mfp, forget every thing you think you know about diets. Weigh and log your food and you'll soon be losing for good :)
  • katielouiseroe
    Options
    Rocknut53 Well I've seen ENT and they seem to think it's migraine related too so I can't win lol I know my own body and I have other symptoms I mean I have bad episodes when I feel really ill with the dizziness/wavey feeling and my ears feel full then the next morning without fail I wake up with a nose bleed so I don't see how this is migraines.... I've got the feeling that my doctor is getting fed up of seeing me well that's how it feels.... Runarounddafield I sympathise with you Hun it's terrible I was on cinnarazine and they didn't work for me like you said they made me feel worse every medication they've tried hasn't worked or it's made me feel worse I just can't win
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options

Vestibular migraine?
  • katielouiseroe
    Options
    They haven't exactly told me what sort of migraine they think it is sabine_stroehm but that's the migraine which causes dizziness isn't it?!