Any one else splurging for valentines day?

Options

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Nah. Will have stuffed peppers for lunch and chili for dinner.
  • ElizabethOakes2
    ElizabethOakes2 Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    I asked the cats and apparently we have nothing planned because they're not in love with me any more. So I guess I won't be splurging.

BWAHAHAHA! Yeah, cats don't care all that much about holidays unless it involves tuna.
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    Husband and I don't do much for valentines day, if anything. This year my daughter wanted to have a heart-shaped red velvet cake with pink cream cheese icing. We made it today and I fit it into my calories (currently bulking so it's a bit easier to do). Will do the same tomorrow.
  • kf1834
    kf1834 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Chocolate! (I'm making allowances)
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    I'm just looking forward to spending the evening with Rick Grimes again.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,039 Member
    Options
    No splurging.

We are going out to dinner, but we're preceding that with a strenuous bicycle ride ... because that's how we celebrate things. :)
  • erinc5
    erinc5 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    My husband and daughter and I exchanged cards and candy today. I received a Ritter Sport chocolate marzipan bar, which I already ate. The bar was 570 calories (3 servings) so that was a splurge.

That's my favorite candy bar. I don't buy it anymore because it's impossible for me to have a sensible portion. I always eat the entire thing.
  • ogmomma2012
    ogmomma2012 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    My husbands birthday is today, so we're going to splurge tomorrow to celebrate both.
  • quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    My best friend is making me and my husband dinner so yup yup yup, it'll be a splurge meal!

It's my birthday tomorrow, so just going to enjoy.
  • katzenfluff
    katzenfluff Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Yes. Dinner at a favorite place but not going to worry about it. Banked a few calories so I won't be crazy over the line.
  • AbigailC17
    AbigailC17 Posts: 78 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    My husband and I are going to celebrate our Valentines in the gym together. We are not going out to eat (prepping our meal all the way and still counting them) because we are both in a diet :) We will skydive next week though! It was suppose to be on Valentine's but the prices are way too high so we decided to do it next week. Gym time together tomorrow
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    erinc5 wrote: »
    jemhh wrote: »
    My husband and daughter and I exchanged cards and candy today. I received a Ritter Sport chocolate marzipan bar, which I already ate. The bar was 570 calories (3 servings) so that was a splurge.

That's my favorite candy bar. I don't buy it anymore because it's impossible for me to have a sensible portion. I always eat the entire thing.

Same here. I never portion it out properly. The only places that sell them around here are Target and Walgreens so I do not go into the candy aisles at those stores. My husband and daughter put one in my Christmas stocking and give me one for Valentine's Day and those are the only ones I have all year.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Yep. The plan is a light lunch at Applebee's (shouldn't be to hard to manage that), go see a movie (probably deadpool) and later in the evening my hubby is making us a steak dinner. I'm thinking of going out early in the morning and seeing if I can snag some chocolate covered strawberries from a local place for after dinner. Dinner + wine is going to be the splurge part of my day, but it's okay. We got a babysitter for the day so we could have the day together (it's been months since our last date night).
  • MamaMc3
    MamaMc3 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    We don't normally go out for Valentine's Day, but this year we have a sitter. I got reservations at a local Italian place, and the menu looks delicious. I spent extra time on the treadmill today and will do the same tomorrow, and I saving about 1,000 calories from tomorrow for dinner. I am going to get whatever I want and enjoy it, but the damage should be minimal. :)
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Nope. We don't do Valentine's day.
  • katkiv22
    katkiv22 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    We did yesterday. It was rather glorious! Grilled salmon, potatoes, and apple crisp (swoon). And a lovely beer to celebrate our love ;) feeling motivated again today, so no harm done!
  • ilex70
    ilex70 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    To each his own.
    For us it's a nice excuse to have date night.

This is us. Ours was yesterday because that was when the childcare was available. Our last date night before this was around the end of November.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Husband and I don't do much usually for Valentines Day but we try to do some fun stuff with the kids so we are making heart shaped grilled cheese and tomato soup for lunch, baking/decorating cookies this afternoon, and making lobster Mac n cheese for dinner. Since it's a cold, snowy Sunday we are doing a little more than usual but it's fun.
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! Going out for sushi, then to Hersheys Chocolate World for dessert after <3
  • morey235
    morey235 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I went out for dinner, I go to the restaurant we are going to on internet. I look up their menu and figure out what I would like to have. Then I go to MFP and add it all in, so I know I won't go over my calories. It is easy for me and that way I can just go and eat and enjoy it. I don't order anything else except what I picked.. I drink water also.