Looking for mom friends!

Options
Here's my truth:
I'm in my mid 30s; homeschooling mom of 7--8 mos to 13 yrs. I am 5'9" and currently weigh 176, starting from 189 postpartum (this time!) and heading for 150. I don't make time for dedicated exercise. I'm a nursing mom, clean house daily, and am active with my children, but I don't log those activities as exercise. I eat whatever I want. My diary is open to friends. You'll see days with a variety of veg and lean proteins and days with fast-food burgers and homemade pizza. And lots of days with huge cups of creamy, sugary coffee!!
I am looking for friends who get the mom life, who like to encourage one another and be encouraged. If this is you, add me! :)

Replies

• darken6
    darken6 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    :)
  • candidglances
    candidglances Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'd love to add you! I'm in my 30'd as well and trying to get more fit. With work and such it can be hard to find the time and motivation to exercise and eat right!
  • darken6
    Options
    We moms tend to be experts at putting ourselves last!
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    I'm fast approaching 30 with 3 kids aged 5 months to 11 years. I definetly get the mom thing. Let me say you are a superhero. We tried homeschooling for 1 year and it was a mess. Your diary sounds a lot like mine. I am on mat leave right now, I go back to work this summer so I am trying to shed the baby weight (and other weight) before then while enjoying my time with my family. I'm 5'7", highest weight was 231, currently 185, wanting to get back to 145-150. Feel free to add me :)
  • startingover72
    startingover72 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm a mom of 5
  • mwb5155
    mwb5155 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Mom of almost 2 babes and desperately need to get off the baby weight from #1 and soon to be #2!
  • darken6
    Options
    <3
  • coastal247
    coastal247 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Add me!
  • jhmomofmany
    jhmomofmany Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Sending FR.
  • darken6
    Options
    B)
  • Sabrina1982xo
    Sabrina1982xo Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I will be a first time mom in May. Adding you.
  • Darazz
    Darazz Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I too get the mom life! I have two children, aged 2.5 and 6 months. I'm also BF although we're starting to slowly wean. My youngest has serious stomach issues so I'm currently off all dairy, soy, beef, and legumes and it's making meal times difficult to say the least. I've been doing it for 6 months and I can't do it any longer! Both children are home with so we are trying to do some preschool activities each day with the oldest and that's chaotic enough--I can't imagine how you homeschool that many kids at home at once!!

I'd love some mom friends who aren't super paranoid about counting calories to the exact amount (I don't have time to weight all my food!), and who get that working out everyday isn't possible, because sometimes it comes down to shower, sleep, or workout. And let's face it, for me, workout is definitely last on that list!

Please add me if you'd like!
  • mallyboo3533
    mallyboo3533 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Mom of 2. I'm 27 years old. I have a 2 year old and a 4 month old.
  • mylukeyboy
    mylukeyboy Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm a sahm of two boys, 3 yo and 6 months. I'm really motivated to lose all the baby weight this time. I've just gotten into pre pregnancy pants from baby #2, now ten more or so until I lose all the weight from pregnancy #1. Would love to do this journey together with other moms!
  • samchez0
    samchez0 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Darazz wrote: »
    I too get the mom life! I have two children, aged 2.5 and 6 months. I'm also BF although we're starting to slowly wean. My youngest has serious stomach issues so I'm currently off all dairy, soy, beef, and legumes and it's making meal times difficult to say the least. I've been doing it for 6 months and I can't do it any longer! Both children are home with so we are trying to do some preschool activities each day with the oldest and that's chaotic enough--I can't imagine how you homeschool that many kids at home at once!!

I'd love some mom friends who aren't super paranoid about counting calories to the exact amount (I don't have time to weight all my food!), and who get that working out everyday isn't possible, because sometimes it comes down to shower, sleep, or workout. And let's face it, for me, workout is definitely last on that list!

Please add me if you'd like!

This is so me. I don't weigh out everything because who has time for that plus I want to model a healthy relationship with food to my girls. I don't think weighing everything I put in my mouth is a way to do that.
  • samchez0
    samchez0 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I'm 26 yo mom of 2 girls. They are 6 and 3. Looking to lose about 60 lbs. I started at 205, currently 195.
  • darken6
    Options
    All added to here! Yay, mamas!
  • gracenessence
    gracenessence Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hi! Full-time, commuting, working mom of 3, ages 5, 2, and 14 months. I need some new mom friends too! Please add me, would love to hear how you all balance the challenges of a great diet with exercise and children!
  • cheffie12
    cheffie12 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I had my baby last March and have managed to lose 57 pounds :) I'm 5'11" and am currently 167 pounds. I'm trying to get down to 145 or so by the end of July. My highest weight was 224. I'm always looking for motivation, especially now that I'm at a plateau. Add me :)
  • my_cleanfit_journey
    Options
    I'm new to mfp & would love to meet some mom friends as well. I'm a 38yro mom of 4- 18, 15, 7 & 4 are the ages. I've lost 33lbs prior to mfp through running/strength training & being inspired/motivated through some instagram accounts I follow but hit some what of a plateau & stopped losing weight so started using mfp to keep better track. I need to lose another 60-65lbs & could use some new mom friends who are supportive & uplifting so please feel free to add me as well! :)