Sweetttt Toothh!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• melizabird919
    melizabird919 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Somedays yogurt (I normally do the 100 cal yoplait Greeks or Greek whips) or Luna bars do the trick for me. Yasso ice cream bars are my current go for when I want ice cream (they can be pricey, but 100 cal a bar works for me! ) I also normally have individual dove chocolates that come in around 40 calories a piece for days that I don't have to room in my daily goal for something more. But there are certainly days that I work in a full cookie or piece of pie, but I try to make it work into my goals or excersise a little more to account for the treat. I will always eat desserts but knowing if I want to loose and maintain a lower body weight that finding ways to enjoy while not going crazy with high calorie choices all the time is something I have to learn to do.
    Good luck with your goals and finding what works for you, OP!
  • LUHAN27
    LUHAN27 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Fat free toffee yogurt and two finger kitkat. Less than 200 calories and worth it.

That sounds awesome! What brand is the toffee yogurt?
  • LUHAN27
    LUHAN27 Posts: 211 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I'd recommend a granola bar, snack bar or fruit. If you don't like those, I recommend mini size candy/snacks.
  • vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    Options
    KDar1988 wrote: »
    Give me an inch and I'll take a mile... I'm out of control when I have sweets (Hershey Nuggets were my go to and I'd eat half the bag!)

I have found this website http://thebigmansworld.com/ He makes healthy recipes and they help control my cravings. They do have agave or brown rice syrups in them, which I know is a sweetener, but it doesn't trigger me to eat them all. I've been making the no bake bites. I have a couple if I feel like I want something after dinner.

I checked out the no-bake brownies recipe on this guy's site, and I am mystified. For a "healthy" recipe, he provides no number of servings or nutrition information. (Or what size pan to put them in.) The recipe calls for 3/4 cup of honey, which amounts to 773 calories, when 3/4 cup of granulated sugar is 580 calories. This recipe amounts to a fail for me.

• positivepowers
    positivepowers Posts: 902 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Sugar free chocolate pudding cups topped with 9 g of sugar free whipped topping. Special K bars (someone already mentioned those). Arctic Zero ice cream with 32 G sugar free chocolate sauce and (if I've really been good that day) the sugar free whipped topping. Allrecipes.com has several sugar free dessert recipes including an apple pie one that I really love!

ETA: I have a really strong sweet tooth, too, so I find that if I buy sweets already packaged into individual servings, or if I make something and split it into appropriate servings immediately, I do better.
  • crystalcassarah315
    Options
    Is that mixed together??and yogurt to me tastes too sour
    Fat free toffee yogurt and two finger kitkat. Less than 200 calories and worth it.

• crystalcassarah315
    Options
    Thank you so much!
    Somedays yogurt (I normally do the 100 cal yoplait Greeks or Greek whips) or Luna bars do the trick for me. Yasso ice cream bars are my current go for when I want ice cream (they can be pricey, but 100 cal a bar works for me! ) I also normally have individual dove chocolates that come in around 40 calories a piece for days that I don't have to room in my daily goal for something more. But there are certainly days that I work in a full cookie or piece of pie, but I try to make it work into my goals or excersise a little more to account for the treat. I will always eat desserts but knowing if I want to loose and maintain a lower body weight that finding ways to enjoy while not going crazy with high calorie choices all the time is something I have to learn to do.
    Good luck with your goals and finding what works for you, OP!

• crystalcassarah315
    Options
    Where would i be able to purchase these items? The Arctic Ice Cream, with the Chocolate Sauce sounds Amazing!!
    Sugar free chocolate pudding cups topped with 9 g of sugar free whipped topping. Special K bars (someone already mentioned those). Arctic Zero ice cream with 32 G sugar free chocolate sauce and (if I've really been good that day) the sugar free whipped topping. Allrecipes.com has several sugar free dessert recipes including an apple pie one that I really love!

ETA: I have a really strong sweet tooth, too, so I find that if I buy sweets already packaged into individual servings, or if I make something and split it into appropriate servings immediately, I do better.

• marm1962
    marm1962 Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    KDar1988 wrote: »
    Give me an inch and I'll take a mile... I'm out of control when I have sweets (Hershey Nuggets were my go to and I'd eat half the bag!)

This is me.....only I would have eaten the whole bag. In order for me to gain control of my "sweet tooth" I had to go cold turkey for 30 days, except for fresh fruit...not canned, not frozen and I had to stick to a serving. I asked my friends and family to refrain from posting pictures of sweets on facebook or blocking me from those posts, and my husband was not allowed to bring anything sweets into the house. The first week was the hardest and I did my best to avoid any and all temptation, still hard the second week, but better. After 30 days I am now back in control and have a limited amount of refined sugar -- Ice cream is my favorite, but I try to stick to that 1/2 cup. Sugar addictions are a *itch...good luck!
  • moreller
    moreller Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm trying a diet for the First time, but i can't seem to shake the sweet tooth i have.. Can y'all please give me healthy recipes or recipes that are better for you of Sweets. Please and TYIA!

For me I eat dessert every day, and that is my sweet allowance. For the day I'll eat berries if I find them cheap.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Try and fit the things you can moderate into your daily calories.

If you find yourself unable to control yourself, don't keep those specific foods around.

I personally found a good few replacements for my sweet tooth.
    Sugar Free chocolate pudding
    Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches
    Quest Bars (topped with low cal sauces)
    Sugar free Jello
    Fiber one Brownies
    Mixed fruit with whipped cream
    etc.
  • crystalcassarah315
    Options
    Those all sound delicious, thank you so much!
    rainbowbow wrote: »
    Try and fit the things you can moderate into your daily calories.

If you find yourself unable to control yourself, don't keep those specific foods around.

I personally found a good few replacements for my sweet tooth.
    Sugar Free chocolate pudding
    Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches
    Quest Bars (topped with low cal sauces)
    Sugar free Jello
    Fiber one Brownies
    Mixed fruit with whipped cream
    etc.

• kerig1234
    kerig1234 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm trying a diet for the First time, but i can't seem to shake the sweet tooth i have.. Can y'all please give me healthy recipes or recipes that are better for you of Sweets. Please and TYIA!

Try a frozen banana, It really curbs my sweet tooth...Just freeze and eat. Put a popsicle stick in it before you freeze
  • MarziDeThrall
    MarziDeThrall Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    My favorite candy is Mounds. My sweet hubby bought me some Atkins Endulge Chocolate Coconut Bars. 170 calories and tasty. Now when I need a fix, I just grab one of those.
  • caseylizbeth
    caseylizbeth Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Laughing cow ice cream bars are great! My desserts are usually a fruit smoothie, a fun size candy bar, 1 cookie, sugar free hot cocoa, sugar free pudding, a slice of angel food cake with some berries and light whipped cream, a dessert yogurt, a popsicle, some frozen fruit, a frozen banana blended with some peanut butter and mini chocolate chips. I eat dessert almost every day, I just keep it 150 calories or less.
  • crystalcassarah315
    Options
    Thank you! These sound amazing, ima have to try them out.
    Laughing cow ice cream bars are great! My desserts are usually a fruit smoothie, a fun size candy bar, 1 cookie, sugar free hot cocoa, sugar free pudding, a slice of angel food cake with some berries and light whipped cream, a dessert yogurt, a popsicle, some frozen fruit, a frozen banana blended with some peanut butter and mini chocolate chips. I eat dessert almost every day, I just keep it 150 calories or less.

• crystalcassarah315
    Options
    And with the fruit smoothies, how do you like yours? Does it matter what goes in them?

• caseylizbeth
    caseylizbeth Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    And with the fruit smoothies, how do you like yours? Does it matter what goes in them?

When I make a fruit smoothie I usually just use fruit! Either fresh or frozen, right into the blender, with some water. If I'm wanting something really sweet I'll add some peanut butter, cocoa powder, or mini-chocolate chips. My favorite is a frozen banana with some strawberries and about a tablespoon of dark chocolate chips. Kind of like a chocolate covered strawberry smoothie.
  • stmokomoko
    stmokomoko Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    The protein bar I eat tastes and has a texture so much like a chocolate bar, that I have no regrets. :D
  • vegmebuff
    vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member
    Options
    I make my 'own' jello. Brew a strong cup of fruity herbal tea. Then use gelatin and stevia for sweetness.
    When it's set, I will sometimes have a few spoonfuls of greek yogurt, a few slices of banana on top with fresh squeezed lime.