Build muscle cut fat....

Options
I lift 5 days a week and and am now trying to "cut up". I want to continue to build muscle. How many calories should I shoot for each day?

Replies

• DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    How long is a piece of string?
  • Ironmaiden4life
    Ironmaiden4life Posts: 422 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    OP calculate your TDEE and start with a daily deficit of 500 calories. Monitor the biofeedback your body gives you each week and make small adjustments as needed. You also need to calculate your macros starting with protein at 1 - 1.5g per lb of bw
  • awesomejdad
    awesomejdad Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    at least 17
  • sixxpoint
    sixxpoint Posts: 3,529 Member
    Options
    About tree fiddy, OP.

Post your current bodyfat %, height, weight. How many calories are you currently eating each day?

body-fat-percentage-men.jpg
  • kurofenrir
    kurofenrir Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I lift 5 days a week and and am now trying to "cut up". I want to continue to build muscle. How many calories should I shoot for each day?

I would recommend checking out a macro calculator. I personally use the IIFYM method.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Basically the same amount I'm eating give or take a few hundred.
  • tillerstouch
    tillerstouch Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    DavPul wrote: »
    How long is a piece of string?
    at least 17
    Chieflrg wrote: »
    Basically the same amount I'm eating give or take a few hundred.
    sixxpoint wrote: »
    About tree fiddy, OP.

Post your current bodyfat %, height, weight. How many calories are you currently eating each day?

body-fat-percentage-men.jpg

All of you made my day....
  • CasperNaegle
    CasperNaegle Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Take a look at this article and see what you think. https://legionathletics.com/body-recomposition/

A lot is going to depend on your current condition and experience. If you are fairly developed you will have a hard time cutting and building muscle at the same time. You can work to maintain as much muscle as possible while cutting. I generally run about a 20% calorie deficit and try to get at least 1gram of protein per pound and about 18-20% fat of my total intake.. I just fill the rest in with carbs.

This is a great calculator for calories and macros. https://legionathletics.com/how-many-calories-should-i-eat/