30 DAY SHRED

Options
124»

Replies

• rda2011
    rda2011 Posts: 2
    Options
    Being a new person to MFP can someone please let me know what is involved in a 30 day Shred?

Thanks
  • petey247
    petey247 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    There are three level videos in the 30 Day Shred. You do one video a day starting with level one, and go up one level every ten days so that by the end of 30 days you have progressed through the entire series.

The exercises vary by video, but the whole series breaks down into a 20 minute rotation of the following: 2 minutes of strength, 2 minutes of cardio and 1 minute of abs. Rinse and repeat until 'shredded'.

Hope this helps
  • summonfire
    summonfire Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hey guys,

snflwr04 - That is suprising i guessed it would have been about 120 cals or so? But I guess you do quite a lot of weights in the 20 minutes, so its an all over workout rather than a cardio workout. I'm currently doing it on my days off the gym (which is twice a week) and i'm getting in a lot cardio on those days). But i'm suprised it only said 89!

Yeah to those who are unsure what the 30 day shred is, its a DVD workout, 20 minutes everyday, its well balanced with strength, cardio and ab exercises.
    http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/11755166/Jillian-Michaels-30-Day-Shred/Product.html?searchtype=allproducts&searchsource=0&searchstring=30+day+shred&urlrefer=search

I'm about to start day 11, and move onto workout 2! Interesting that you guys put it as circuit training, i'll have a look at that.
    Cheers x
  • peggy1209
    peggy1209 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    finished day 15 today!!
  • uhoh_billy
    uhoh_billy Posts: 94
    Options
    Today will be day 8 once I'm home from work and can do the work-out! BUT! I weighed myself this morning and I've put on 4lbs! 4!!!! Is it just me, or does that seem like a little much to be putting on in, what I'm assuming is, muscle weight? I've been eating the same way I have been since I started MFP (not great, but way better than before) and even though Sunday was my cheat day, I did 30DS, I swam and I didn't eat awful awful food.. just a lot of it.

Anyone else experience a gain like this after one week? It's really off-putting, I was under 180 for the first time in over at least 2 years. And now I'm back up again :(