Recently divorced, busy mom...

Options
Hi everyone! I'm a 35 yr old, newly divorced, full time, working mother of 3 near Cincinnati, Ohio. My divorce was a grueling 2 year battle. I joke that I picked up the 40lbs my ex husband lost.

I went from a tiny, organized, fit, stay at home mom to a now working, disorganized, chubby, out of shape, full time mom. I'm struggling with how to get my life back together. I finally bought us a home and we just got it organized. I'm still struggling with everything else. I feel embarrassed when I run into people who knew me before, so I isolate myself.

I need to get my body back, so that I am one step closer to getting my life back together. I'm posting here looking for support bc I'm lost right now. I'm hoping to find other moms or dads that have found simple recipes and workouts to incorporate into their busy lives. I need ideas, recipes, workouts and support. :)

Replies

• manefesto
    manefesto Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Well, sorry to hear about your divorce, but you sound very motivated and I think you have a clear path for success. I hope you reach all of your goals and not just the weight loss. I'm in your corner!
  • gobuck3327
    gobuck3327 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hey sorry to hear about your divorce. I found an app on my phone called sworkit. You can customize work outs and it pairs with this app to help you with results. Its very flexible with time you can set it anywhere between 5 minutes and an hour. It's helped me stay motivated by giving different work outs instead of the same old thing.
  • gobuck3327
    gobuck3327 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    By the way you still look very pretty
  • cincymomof3
    cincymomof3 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    @manefesto - thank you :)

@gobuck3327 - thank you and I'll look into the sworkit app.
  • m27un
    m27un Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Add me up!! :):)
  • allieparkia
    allieparkia Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I was divorced almost 2 years ago...but I actually lost a lot of weight towards the end of my marriage. I just moved in with a new guy and gained about 10 pounds!! Men suck! Lol
  • bethdake
    bethdake Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Cincymom,
    My husband just recently asked me for a divorce. It came out of nowhere. I was blindsided and felt sucker punched. My diet situation is different. I gag when I try to eat. I know this is not good diet advice but it would be good to chat with someone that just went through a divorce. I have no idea what to expect. We have 3 grown boys and a 16 year old boy at home. I'm taking this time as me time. Mommy makeover. My advice for you is to take time for yourself.
  • cincymomof3
    Options
    @allieparkia - That stinks, lol. Congrats on finding someone new though. That part still scares me at this point :)

@bethdake - Divorce is hard, no matter the circumstances. I'd be happy to provide any support I can. I should have reached out for support, but instead isolated myself.
  • bethdake
    Options
    I've isolated myself too. I spoke to a lawyer. She said do not move out of the house. I've been cordial and refuse to engage in arguments. I'm just waiting for him to make the next move.
  • bethdake
    Options
    The thought of finding someone new is so far out of my mind. To allieparkia: Good for you.
  • cincymomof3
    Options
    @bethdake - Isolation wasn't a good idea... 2 years later, it's kind of hard to come out of isolation :) I know that friends don't understand, but I wouldn't cut them off completely like I did. I've heard divorce support groups help, but didn't try any. You can direct message me anytime.
  • bethdake
    Options
    So many of my friends are our mutual friends but you're right about not isolating myself. I need to be the best outgoing Mom for my 16 year old. Ugh! Easier said then done. Divorce is humiliating right now.
  • amazingames82
    amazingames82 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Girl I feel for what your situation. I am going through a very similar one myself. It gets better.. Slowly. Any support or advise is be happy to help!
  • Kolorkool
    Kolorkool Posts: 2 Member
    Options

You got this girl! You got this!!!
    Hi everyone! I'm a 35 yr old, newly divorced, full time, working mother of 3 near Cincinnati, Ohio. My divorce was a grueling 2 year battle. I joke that I picked up the 40lbs my ex husband lost.

I went from a tiny, organized, fit, stay at home mom to a now working, disorganized, chubby, out of shape, full time mom. I'm struggling with how to get my life back together. I finally bought us a home and we just got it organized. I'm still struggling with everything else. I feel embarrassed when I run into people who knew me before, so I isolate myself.

I need to get my body back, so that I am one step closer to getting my life back together. I'm posting here looking for support bc I'm lost right now. I'm hoping to find other moms or dads that have found simple recipes and workouts to incorporate into their busy lives. I need ideas, recipes, workouts and support. :)

manefesto wrote: »
    Well, sorry to hear about your divorce, but you sound very motivated and I think you have a clear path for success. I hope you reach all of your goals and not just the weight loss. I'm in your corner!

• cincymomof3
    Options
    @kolorkool - thank you :)

I just went and took some "before" pics to hopefully motivate me. Ouch, they are scary. I should have taken some bikini pics a long time ago. That was way scarier than the number on the scale! :-1:
  • manefesto
    manefesto Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    @kolorkool - thank you :)

I just went and took some "before" pics to hopefully motivate me. Ouch, they are scary. I should have taken some bikini pics a long time ago. That was way scarier than the number on the scale! :-1:

I doubt that cincymom!
  • Chestnutridgeny
    Chestnutridgeny Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, I would to be there for anyone that I can help.... Stay strong you guys are great!! Feel free to message me if I can help...
  • allieparkia
    allieparkia Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    @bethdake I felt the same way for a while...no appetite and always sick to my stomach. I am the one that asked for the divorce and kicked him out, but after being together for almost 14 years it was not easy! No kids for us, thank goodness. I never thought I would ever move on, but I found a great guy who has been through similar situations so it really helps! I added you, so feel free to reach out!
  • 1chuy
    1chuy Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me for support :)
  • KevFit413
    KevFit413 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add !