Flu treatment

Options
My husband found out tonight at the doctor that if we had gone in within the first 48 hours of having the flu symptoms that we could have been treated for it and would have gotten over it faster. So if you or someone you know is starting to show symptoms it's worth the cost of the doctor's visit to get the treatment. I wish we had known about it beforehand! This woud have been an easier week for me!

Replies

• mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,697 Member
    Options
    My husband found out tonight at the doctor that if we had gone in within the first 48 hours of having the flu symptoms that we could have been treated for it and would have gotten over it faster. So if you or someone you know is starting to show symptoms it's worth the cost of the doctor's visit to get the treatment. I wish we had known about it beforehand! This woud have been an easier week for me!
  • my3kids
    my3kids Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    they would of given you a Z_PAC but you waited to long.. i feel for ya it's going around like wild fire
  • opatt23
    Options
    :grumble: I was just in the emergency room yesterday with my poor hubby for about 3 hours. He had a temp of over 103.
    Thankfully he is feeling much better. Good luck to all with the flu
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    :mad: AGGHH darnit!!!

I have had the flu since Friday. I felt like I got hit by a bus all last night and this morning. Nyquil is all I had, and it doesn't work for my symptoms, but it sure does knock me out :laugh: I feel better now after some Mucinex, that stuff is awesome.
  • dmflynt
    dmflynt Posts: 196
    Options
    He would have gotten an anti-viral medication, not an antiobiotic. Anti-vitrals have to be given within 48 hours of the first symptoms......the problem is that, with a TRUE flu, you are usually too sick those first 2 days to go to the doctors to get the medication prescribed!!