Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Post your Valentine's day cheat meal

here's mine:

Filet mignon
Rock lobster tail
Twice baked potato
Green chili Mac and cheese
Roasted Brussels sprouts with bacon
Whiskey and ice
Chocolate covered strawberries

don't pay attention to my "calories burned/exercise"-- when I use strava, it logs both my bike rides and my steps, so that's grossly inaccurate

looks like i'm hitting the gym hard this week

1n3k0ietwpor.jpg
ciw5saoz2tse.jpg
3b7f5yop1stf.jpg
jfkrtjao3ws1.png

Replies

• ObsidianMist
    ObsidianMist Posts: 519 Member
    we had waffles for breakfast and burritos for dinner and I went like 400 calories over. oops.
  • mattkdawson
    mattkdawson Posts: 53 Member
    edited February 2016
    oh i went way over today. i've been looking forward to it though. i had a really strict last 2 weeks and i've done pretty well.

I went on a long bike ride this morning and i'm about to take the dog on a long walk now
  • laurainottawa
    laurainottawa Posts: 64 Member
    I went out to dinner with a friend. We shared a Tuscan Heart shaped pizza and Crispy Chicken Salad at Boston Pizza. Mmm so many calories for dinner. But I drank 3 big glasses of water with dinner, no empty pop calories!
  • pdxwine
    pdxwine Posts: 389 Member
    For me, it is just another day. No overage. Although I did not go over for Thanksgiving or Christmas either. :smile:

Your dinner looks tasty.
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    we bbqd burgers and snacks and beer for the NBA all star game for dinner we had Flemmings
    steak
    mashed potatoes
    brussels
    onion rings
    mac and cheese
    salad
    lots o booze...
    and tomorrow we are going to melting pot after we feed some giraffes at the safari park!
    yeaaa not the best couple of days but we like to celebrat haha
  • LushFix
    LushFix Posts: 303 Member
    Toaster strudel...... haha
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Like 20 pieces or so of pure awesomeness

8PF41Vj.jpg
    3OZ0r0B.jpg
  • Tricia7188
    Tricia7188 Posts: 135 Member
    So much cake. My brother and moms bdays are today and a few days ago. Combo bday/ Vday party = white cake with strawbs and bluebs and real whipped cream, German choc cake, and coconut cream pie.
    Tried to eat less the rest of the day but not I'm not beating myself up about it. Also tried to limit portions, but cmon its cake. Back at it tomorrow! Old me would have just given up and fallen off the wagon, but no back at it. Tomorrow is a new day!
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    I had bacon and egg toasted sandwich in bed
    Steak, mash, vegetables and Madeira sauce
    Chocolates at the cinema
    Rive,veg stew and cheese
    An ice lolly, 2 packs of crisps, chocolate fudge cake and cookies

None of it was a cheat ...everything was logged accurately ..I overspent my maintenance calorie by 100
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,423 Member
    Breakfast- banana
    Lunch- chicken nuggets, fries, unsweetened iced tea
    Dinner- frosted meatloaf and green beans
    Dessert- chocolate meringue pie
    I logged everything. Without the pie it would have been a pretty ordinary day of calories eaten. I don't take pictues of food but it was pretty awesome.
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    Pizza and chocolate. Lots of chocolate for a chocolate coma lol. I actually stayed within maintenance calories.
  • CollieFit
    CollieFit Posts: 1,683 Member
    edited February 2016
    I don't really do the semantics around food, like "cheat" and "treat" etc. Personally I think it creates, or reinforces, an unhelpful relationship with food as punishment or reward and I think the less emotion is attached to food, the better.

So in this house we simply ate out. :smile:

We went to our favourite country pub and shared a baked camembert with crusty bread starter. Then I had a main of risotto and pan-fried cod. I felt too full to have a dessert. It was a lovely evening out.

PS I assume the "cheat" element implies that it's food that isn't logged? So again that's not the case here as I logged everything and it came to about 1000 cals, but it was all accounted for as we went for a lovely 7 mile cross country hike earlier in the day.
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Filet Mignon
    Salmon
    Baked potato
    Green beans
    Here's the kicker - creme brulee (600-700 calories a pop!)
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    My Valentine made me a turkey dinner. Turkey, gravy, mashed potatoes and butternut squash. Delicious. Passed on the dessert. <3
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    ca6a8i5afmr9.jpeg
    nv2zwh0smhed.jpeg
    mbck70wjdsb4.jpeg

1, 2 were lunch/dessert at a Chinese buffet ( veganized) 3 was dinner at home falafels,cous cous, quinoa and peas. Altogether around 1000 cals ( pretty good for me as a cheat meal!)
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    I don't believe in cheat meals either. We made a more indulgent dinner than normal and baked cookies with the kids but I was still under my maintenance cals for the week.

Salad and sourdough bread (not pictured)
    Lobster Mac n Cheese with Parmesan roasted asparagus
    Decorated sugar cookies

oeygq4sbe6w0.jpeg
    u1g7spc34wfp.jpeg
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    OP your meal looks great and that's how I love to make my steaks too, in a blazing hot cast iron skillet with lots of butter... Where's the butter in your calorie log though?
  • ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    I made homemade Alfredo pasta and my husband surprised me with brownies(my kryptonite) So I was about 660 cals over goal but, it was worth it. These were both things we almost never eat because it is hard to fit in the quantity that I want.
  • lee0079
    lee0079 Posts: 8 Member
    Ate like 4 family sized bags of white chedder popcorn for dinner, and pizza for lunch, I was probably 2-3k over my calorie limit, oh well lol.