You CAN treat yourself!

Options
For all those people who feel like they can't fit in treats, pay attention.

I work 15 hour days, 7 days a week and today is my first half day off in 9 months (because I've got a job interview)

With my free time after the interview I've treated myself to lunch out at Pizza Express with a starter and three glasses of fizz! I'm over the moon.

I logged breakfast (cheese and marmite on a giant crumpet) and I've got a stir fry planned for dinner and I'm still under my 1360 calories for the day even ignoring my exercise calories.

I can't tell you how much I've needed this. My job is so stressful and completely all consuming and this hour to myself just now has made me feel human again. I haven't been this relaxed or stress free for god knows how long.

I beg you, don't deprive yourselves. Make space for the things YOU need.

Replies

• ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Good lord that sounds worse than my last job and that place was nicknamed hell. I worked 12 hrs a day 7 days a week for months on end. The last 5 yrs I worked there I averaged 60-84 hrs a week everyday. I thought that was terrible. Didn't help it was factory work and they never kept the air conditioner working properly. The work messed with my kidneys so bad I had to go in disability. Take care of yourself!
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you need a new job more than need a pizza.
  • faramelee
    faramelee Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Bloody hell, that sort of work pattern wouldn't even be allowed over here in the UK!!! How do you fit anything in? I work 40 hours a week, which is classed as full time here, and I struggle getting stuff done. You definitely deserved your lunch and fizz!!! How did the interview go? I hope it's for a less time consuming role?
  • WendyLaubach
    WendyLaubach Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I've worked like that more times than I can count. I'm thankful those days are over! Good for you, both for treating yourself and for scheduling a job interview. When you're working like a dog, it's more important than ever to acknowledge that it's you and only you who are in charge of how hard you're working, for what goal, and what you're entitled to do for yourself.
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    How is it legal to not have a day off?
  • robynmoosehead
    robynmoosehead Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    faramelee wrote: »
    Bloody hell, that sort of work pattern wouldn't even be allowed over here in the UK!!! How do you fit anything in? I work 40 hours a week, which is classed as full time here, and I struggle getting stuff done. You definitely deserved your lunch and fizz!!! How did the interview go? I hope it's for a less time consuming role?

HAHA I am in the UK! Took over the family company a couple of years back due to ill health and am in the final stages of selling up. Hence looking for a new job! I get absolutely bugger all done. Walking the dog is my main priority aside from work and I get four hours one night a week to see the other half.

Fingers crossed. Got past two stages of this interview, only one or two more to go! Bring on the 9-5!
  • robynmoosehead
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I've worked like that more times than I can count. I'm thankful those days are over! Good for you, both for treating yourself and for scheduling a job interview. When you're working like a dog, it's more important than ever to acknowledge that it's you and only you who are in charge of how hard you're working, for what goal, and what you're entitled to do for yourself.

EXACTLY!

No matter what, you should always find some time just to do you. I feel a million times better even though I'm already back at work.

If I can do it, you all can.
  • WendyLaubach
    WendyLaubach Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Ha. When you're working for yourself, you can't blame the boss! :-)
  • nhenryoliver
    nhenryoliver Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Good for you on all counts. I'm a teacher, and fully agree with treats!
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    If I can do it, you all can.

You're amazing!

Great advice! You CAN treat yourself!

You can make room for treats, big or small, if you're wise.
  • faramelee
    Options

HAHA I am in the UK! Took over the family company a couple of years back due to ill health and am in the final stages of selling up. Hence looking for a new job! I get absolutely bugger all done. Walking the dog is my main priority aside from work and I get four hours one night a week to see the other half.

Fingers crossed. Got past two stages of this interview, only one or two more to go! Bring on the 9-5!

Wow, you're amazing!!!! Have you got the job?????? Good luck if you're still waiting :)

• robynmoosehead
    Options
    Wow, you're amazing!!!! Have you got the job?????? Good luck if you're still waiting :)

Called back for a second face to face next Monday. Fingers crossed!
  • cmjohnson53
    cmjohnson53 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Good luck!
  • faramelee
    Options
    I'll keep everything crossed for you, good luck!!!