How to spice up my lemon water

Options
alisakorneyeva
alisakorneyeva Posts: 39 Member
edited February 2016 in Recipes
The most generic drink that really energizes me and makes me feel better is filtered water with squeezed lemon in it.
I definetly dont want to add sugar to it, but is there any way I can make this a better drink so that I dont get bored of it?

Replies

• LittleAppleAndBean
    LittleAppleAndBean Posts: 9 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Cucumbers are wonderful addition to lemon. So are cold watermelon chunks
  • fitdaisygrrl
    fitdaisygrrl Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I've added fresh mint leave to my lemon water- so nice! Also frozen berries are great too! If you get one of those fruit infuser cups it's a nice motivator to try putting different combos in there (ie: blueberries and lemon wedges, mint leaves and raspberries). And of course lime is nice too :)
  • ElizabethOakes2
    ElizabethOakes2 Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    I'm a tea-bag queen. I just drop a decaf tea-bag in my water glass in the morning, and then refill my water through the day. It gives little flavor, and there are tons of choices for flavors. When I get bored or it gets too weak, I just swap out for a new tea bag. (I've also found that putting something like lemon-zinger or orange spice keeps the cat from sticking her fuzzy face in my cup and drinking my water!)
  • yamahdi41
    yamahdi41 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You can blend strawberry until theyre really fine in texture and add it to your water or add some rose water to your drink or squeeze lemon juice to it..hope I helped :)
  • mjwarbeck
    mjwarbeck Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Herbs from the garden in various combinations.

Mint (lemon and mint go extremely well together)
    Lavender
    Borage - a slight cucumber flavour and you can eat the flowers
    Anise hyssop
    Catmint
    Lemon balm

• haras3_3214
    haras3_3214 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Lemon with a slice of lime.
    Lemon and Cucumber
    Lemon and fruit tea infusion
    Lemon and a teabag, I like green tea.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    I like to add a splash of fruit juice or nectar to my water for a flavor enhancer. The calories are minimal if you only add a half ounce or an ounce to a glass of water.
  • Buzymomof_3
    Buzymomof_3 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Course chop a few cranberries and freeze them flat, then put them in a bag to store in the freezer. I drop a few in my water with the lemon when I want something a bit different. Or add a dash of cranberry juice (1Tablespoon) if you have the calories. I love lemon in my water and haven't gotten sick of it yet. Good Luck!
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,984 Member
    Options
    I like to add strawberries or any berries really. Cucumber and mint is also nice.
  • jesscran815
    jesscran815 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I have been fascinated for a long time with Stevia leaves. They don't contain calories, since it's an herb that just tastes like sugar (it's so bizarre to me!). You can get a plant and have it in the kitchen and just pluck off a couple of leaves and let them infuse. That gives it a bit of sweetness without any calories or negative side effects of some sweeteners.
  • 15Chris66
    15Chris66 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just wondering. For those of you that add lemon wedges to your water, how many of you wash the lemons? I always wash everything; lemons, melons, oranges, apples, etc. I can just picture the twelve people before me that have touched them. Maybe it is just me. Have a great day!
  • jesscran815
    jesscran815 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    15Chris66 wrote: »
    Just wondering. For those of you that add lemon wedges to your water, how many of you wash the lemons? I always wash everything; lemons, melons, oranges, apples, etc. I can just picture the twelve people before me that have touched them. Maybe it is just me. Have a great day!

I always juice them and add the lemon juice into water or carbonated water for a fizzy drink. If I added the whole fruit to the water, I would definitely wash!! When I'm at the store I like to feel a few of the fruits to make sure they're not mushy before I pick the right ones to take home so I assume most other people do that too and you never know what may be on them!
  • Birkah
    Birkah Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I add a splash of apple cider vinegar and a dash of cayenne - clears stuffy noses FAST.
  • mjwarbeck
    mjwarbeck Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I have been fascinated for a long time with Stevia leaves. They don't contain calories, since it's an herb that just tastes like sugar (it's so bizarre to me!). You can get a plant and have it in the kitchen and just pluck off a couple of leaves and let them infuse. That gives it a bit of sweetness without any calories or negative side effects of some sweeteners.

I grow it every summer...love it...but it does have a slight aftertaste so I prefer to use it with teas/tisanes that have some inherent bitterness.