What is your Food..for lack of a better word "Heroin"?

Options

Replies

• Zoe678
    Zoe678 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Bacon Cheeseburger, drooooool! I still eat them but now they are the tiny slider ones with turkey bacon lol.
  • Marjorielk
    Marjorielk Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    potato chips, have to finish the bag
  • noely1974
    noely1974 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    LAGER!!!!
    on a friday afternoon just as a long week of graft comes to a finish all i can see is a nice ice cold pint of beer, the only problem is one is just never enough!!!!
  • RillSoji
    RillSoji Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Doughnuts. I'm not talking the nasty krispy cream or even store doughnuts. I'm talking doughnuts from a true doughnut shop who know how to do it right. Haven't caved to the craving in a while! Werthers sugar free candy saves my life!
  • NewVonnie
    NewVonnie Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Just curious to see what everyone's "heroin" food is :devil: ....

Mine is bread...any kind...muffins, biscuits, bread sticks, sliced bread, bread with butter, bread with garlic, bread with cheese. Restaurants I am terrified of because of this addiction - That seafood place with the awesome cheddar cheese biscuits (feel the pounds adding up just thinking of it), the steak place with the yummy yeast rolls and cinnamon butter, the Down under steak place with - what is that -pumpernickle bread? :blushing:

I am one big addict of the bread group and it was then only thing I have given up. After all, 1 cheddar cheese biscuit, I think not, 2 or 3 is more like it.:sick: It kills me that I work next a big chain Bread shop...pssst...it starts with a "P"

There ... I have said it ... My name is Beth and I am addicted to bread....it has been 41 days without bread....and as I do eat the whole grain 100 calorie sandwhich thins....really...its not yummy yeast bread.

So anyways....what is your addiction that you quit in this quest for a healthy and better body?:bigsmile:

I agree!!! And its kind of devestating to me because I feel like I've lost something big, a part of myself. I went to Culinary School and before MFP I was in the middle of months of research into artisanal breads of all kinds...perfecting my bread and pizza dough recipes... mixing and baking over and over to get it just right. All kinds of breads. They were my love. Warm yeasty bread from the oven with a crisp crust and tender inside. Then presenting a loaf to a friend or someone else as a gift and seeing their eyes when the smelled and then tasted that bread. But I have no control. I can eat the whole loaf. Now I've stopped baking them and its sorta sad. But I cant trust myself and I know getting healthy and fit is important. I've been trying to cook differently but its so hard. Everything is so different in my kitchen now.....
  • Frankenbarbie01
    Frankenbarbie01 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    My name is Sue and I'm a cheese-aholic. I LOVE good ole full fat cheese....cheddar, edam, gouda....goat cheese...mmmmmm!! I cant say no to it , and I can not eat low fat cheese, it is vile.
    I also have a significant weakness for Mrs. Vikies potato chips....the balsamic vinegar and sweet onion.
  • kayleeblue
    kayleeblue Posts: 273
    Options
    Dean's Chocolate milk..not the 1% but full throttle high cal chocolate milk. So rich it's thick and has to be ice cold. And nestle toll house chocolate chip cookies...oh yeah..to die for. But I have cut back on the chocolate milk..I used to down a quart a day..down to 1/2 to 1 cup a day. Chocolate chip cookies are few and far between.
  • Bryank930
    Bryank930 Posts: 3
    Options
    Pretty much any bread, pizza, or bakery items. I just can't eat a single "serving size". Before I know it, it's gone :(
  • theflyingartist
    theflyingartist Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    My name is Kayleigh and my food "heroin" is chocolate in any form.
    Except white chocolate. You name it, I'll munch it.
  • MyouTakara
    MyouTakara Posts: 45
    Options
    Heh. Mine is really bad. Easy Cheese (that stuff that comes from a can) and Doritos, especially the pizza, spicy, or taco-flavored ones. I can eat the whole can and most of the bag of chips in one sitting easily.
  • withchaco
    withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    French fries D: when they're freshly made from fresh oil. MMMMMMMMMMMmmmm sooooo good.

Fortunately, good fries are relatively hard to come by, so I can't sabotage myself by having them too often! I don't fry stuff at home, and restaurants are rather inconsistent when it comes to fries.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    Spinach&Cheese Ravioli. Pasta. Crusty breads. Pretzels. Ice cream. Fruity/chewy/gummy candy.

I lucked out, I am now gluten and lactose intolerant so whenever I start to think about caving I think about risking intestinal cancer down the road and the week of a wrecked body immediately following. Not even kidding, I've been sent home from work (at an office) because accidental glutenings have left me so clumsy and 'brain fogged' I've actually walked into desks and doors and walls...the cravings have pretty much passed, although a few weeks ago I had to bolt from the grocery store while in the bakery aisle because I started to tear up about the foods I'll never be able to try/eat again.

I just went to a sad place. ANYWAY! Now I crave things like mango, pineapples, and Chipotle burrito bowls....NOM.
  • ravenclawseekergirl
    ravenclawseekergirl Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I suppose that my food 'heroin' is Eccles Cakes.:love::love: :love: If you don't know what they are your missing out. :bigsmile: It's not often that i get them because frankly thier bad for you and hardly anywhere sells them. But if i'm walking past a Mary Lambert's bakery i have to go in and buy them. It's impossible to resist the calling of the eccles cake.
    :heart:
  • Rayanne203
    Rayanne203 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Mcdonalds 2 cheese burger meal <3
  • megruder
    megruder Posts: 216
    Options
    Yeasty breads and chips and salsa. I know the salsa isn't too bad, but the tortilla chips are killer calorie wise. I'm always looking for a good substitute, but can't find anything that I can eat in the quantity I desire.
  • lindak71
    lindak71 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    SWEETS...chocolate, cookies, cake, brownies, ice cream, muffins... Chips can sit, untouched by me forever, but there's a box of Little Debbie's Donut Sticks in my cabinet calling to me right now!!!
  • lindak71
    lindak71 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Oh, but I didn't quit it, I just don't eat it all every single day. I had to learn to live with it.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    My name is Diane and I am addicted to Chocolate!

I could literally eat it all day every day.. and when I don't have it for a while I am super crabby... awful isn't it?
  • Wimpey
    Wimpey Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Rich Tea and I am so glad to be hear amongst friends.

I am in denial, have no addiction to any type of food including rich teas ;-)

Trying to substitute with oat cakes or anything... just not the same!
  • helenoftroy1
    helenoftroy1 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    I'm Helen and I'm addicted to cheese,
    even so far as cheesecake. I love the stuff, can't get enough of it. Before my lifestyle change my boyfriend said if I just cut out cheesecake I would lose a few pounds! I've not had a piece of cheesecake for three months. It was hard at first but I'm getting there. I can look at one now and not cry for my lost love.
    I love it, and I mean really love it. I love cheese on anything especially a rib eye steak medium rare with maybe a few prawns and some bearnaise sauce....
    oh God, this was a dangerous topic!